Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Shanghai to Blairs steroids case nets arrest

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
A Danville man has been charged after authorities say he operated a business in Blairs that sold steroids online that were shipped from China.

Pittsylvania County Sheriff’s deputies arrested Steven Donald Wood, 33, of 4013 Pittwood Drive in Danville, on Sept. 15. Wood faces two counts of distributing anabolic steroids and five counts of money laundering in connection with the operation located at 3801 U.S. 29 in Blairs.

The arrest came after investigators from the sheriff’s office and agents from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security carried out a search warrant on the business on Sept. 14.

According to a report from Pittsylvania County Sheriff’s Investigator Robert Worsham, Wood ran the business, which received shipments of raw powdered anabolic steroids from Shanghai.

Wood then had individuals — one an informant — ship the raw steroids to a packaging facility in North Carolina, where the powder was processed into capsules, according to Worsham’s complaint. They were then transported back to the business, where they were packaged in supplement bottles and sold online.

The informant also provided authorities with detailed financial records, Worsham said in the complaint. That person maintained more than one checking account in the informant’s name on behalf of Wood, according to the complaint.

Wood would have the informant run large amounts of money through the accounts on his behalf, with many transactions totaling more than $40,000, Worsham said in his complaint. Wood had started a corporation, BGW LLC, and used it to funnel money from the steroid sales.

Authorities — acting on information obtained by the Department of Homeland Security — intercepted a “multi-pound shipment” of steroids being returned to the business in Blairs, Worsham said in his complaint.

“Prior to the interception, Steven Wood arrived to observe this delivery, and he was found to have approximately $300,000 … in the vehicle he arrived on,” Worsham stated in the complaint.

Investigators found several hundred pounds of anabolic steroids at the business, in raw and pill form.

Wood is being held in Pittsylvania County Jail under a $1 million bond. The Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office has appealed the bond and a bond appeal hearing is scheduled for 2 p.m. Sept. 29. A preliminary hearing will be held at 1 p.m. Dec. 5.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
shit, this guy owned SNS. he was trying to bring out a bunch of new products and was way short on money. im sure since he already imported tons of supps it wasnt that much of a jump for him to start with AAS to make some money to pour into SNS and advertising the products. bad deal. :(

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
ATW you mean specialized nutritional supplements??? - That SNS? If so, was this guy capping prohormones or was he actually producing AAS? This was in Kentucky I guess? (mentions danville and refers to "Commonwealth")

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
ATW you mean specialized nutritional supplements??? - That SNS? If so, was this guy capping prohormones or was he actually producing AAS? This was in Kentucky I guess? (mentions danville and refers to "Commonwealth")

Serious Nutrition Solutions. he was having money issues the first of the year and then all of a sudden he was building this huge warehouse and planning on spending $40K a month advertising in MD. :shakinghead:

danville virginia. i think he was just doing the importing and then selling off to someone else for the rest of it. he did bulk importing of supp ingredients for many companies.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Serious Nutrition Solutions arrested on steroid distribution charges
by Anthony Roberts ~ source
Serious Nutrition Solutions arrested on steroid distribution charges | Anthony Roberts Blog

Steven Wood, the owner of Serious Nutrition Solutions (SNS) was arrested early last week, and charged with steroid distribution and money laundering. Details are sketchy at the moment, but…

The Pittsylvania County, VA, Sheriff’s Office arrested a Steven Donald Wood of who is currently facing two charges of distributing anabolic steroids and five charges of money laundering. He was arrested after county officers and federal agents working with the Department of Homeland Security searched his business at 3801 U.S. 29 in Danville, Virginia.

After a little digging, I was able to match that address with the address for Serious Nutrition Solutions, as found in the local yellow pages, and I was further able to match the phone number provided with that address, to the phone number provided on the SNS website.

Given the fact that SNS reps have been unable to get ahold of the owner of the company for the past several days, I’m confidant saying that I’ve connected the dots correctly here. Wood allegedly received shipments of raw powdered anabolic steroids from Shanghai, shipped them to a contract manufacturer in North Carolina, where they were made into capsules, and put into supplement bottles.

Sports Nutrition Online has also been thought to be involved here, and I’ll explain my reasoning: SNS is based out of Danville and SNO has been shipping out of Danville a despite being based in North Carolina. So there’s more than a few dots to connect these two companies, including the fact that people have been unable to contact both companies starting at exactly the same time.

However, I’m not sure if this is a case of a guy/company selling prohormones that they probably shouldn’t have…or…whatever.

Most interesting to me is that there was an informant at the root of this case, who provided authorities with detailed financial records, and who also maintained more than one checking account in his own name, on the behalf of Wood. Many of the transactions totaled more than $40,000, for which Wood started another corporation (BGW LLC) to allegedly funnel money obtained through the sale of steroids (again, I’m not sure if these were “steroids” as we think of them, or simply the kinds of “steroids” that had been legal during the prohormone bubble).

Eventually the Department of Homeland Security — intercepted a (at least a kilo of) steroids being returned to the business, while prior to the interception, Wood arrived carrying approximately $300k in his vehicle to observe the delivery. Several hundred pounds of anabolic steroids were subsequently discovered at the business, in both raw (powdered) as well as pill form, and the defendant is being held on a $1 million bond.

Another companies has been tied into the mess, namely who is getting hammered in the (probably correct) rumor-storm that’s surrounded SNS and SNO recently, as they’re all thought to be somehow linked to Mr. Wood.

Finally, but most importantly, thanks goes to the people who read my blog and respect my work enough to approach me with tips and questions. There are times like this when something goes down, and during the ensuing fog of war, nobody knows what in the f*ck is going on, and I’m honored to know that there are actually people who trust me enough to dig into the story and sort it out. I was first alerted to this situation Friday afternoon, and had my suspicions as to what had been going on, but didn’t have concrete evidence until now.Thanks to all of the people who helped and contributed to this article, and for keeping on top of me until it got sorted (and trusting that I could do it).

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i have to tell you that anthony roberts wants to make himself out to be some big detective but that information was not that hard to get.

steve owned SNS but had partnerships in several other supp companies. i dont know why he thinks that this is some big revelation!

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
that a big bust, hundreds of pounds of raw materials... what was the UGL?

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
all i can think of is "how much money did someone just miss out on on taxes if this had been legal?"

would cut out alot of shit that you hear and read about.

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
If these were actual steroids and not prohormones, the production company in north Carolina will be aboard that sinking ship as well.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
If these were actual steroids and not prohormones, the production company in north Carolina will be aboard that sinking ship as well.
it really seems like it would be more of a prohormone deal if they were putting them in capsules and supplement bottles. but why would they arrest someone for importing prohormones? these are all over the place...........

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hmmm.... Maybe that's is why there products were so damn good???

Either way, not good someone snitched.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic