Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Sex has become a chore (question for the ladies as well as the men)

sax

sax

Jan 26, 2011
This may not be the place people think of when it comes to relationship advice but I feel at home here and have to get something off my chest. I’ve been dating this woman for about six months and quite honestly it has been the most passionate relationship of my life. Sex 5 to 7 times a day is not unusual for us but recently that’s been dwindling.

One reason – sex that often is hard to keep up with lol. Especially when you’re 45 like me. The passion of a new relationship was the fire and I’m struggling to keep the interest. But another reason is she has stopped initiating sex and during it I feel like I am doing all the work. She’s receptive – she enjoys it – but there’s not the participation there once was.
This is making it even more difficult and this morning something happened that hasn’t happened to me in a very long time. I lost my erection in the middle of sex. I was bored shitless.

I want to hear more from the ladies but men’s advice is welcome too. Are we just passed the honeymoon phase of our relationship settling in something more normal? Or is this the beginning of the end?

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Sounds like the average new relationship to me. Give the sex a rest for a week or two. Just remember to put in some time each day to touching her and showing her attention. Then plan your atack. Buy her dinner and flowers. Light some candles. You know what she likes.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
She probably feels the same as you. Maybe just have sex a little less.

Too much of a good thing can ruin it.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I have been with women that have just had a VERY heavy appetite for sex. It's a tough position to be in if their libido is much stronger than yours. In some cases, it leads dysfunctional relationships. The best you can do is just talk about it. It's better to be honest about it now than to wait too much longer. Just let her know that the sex is amazing, but you're running out of steam and having some trouble keeping up. Keep telling her that she is beautiful and a great person, that the sex is awesome, but it's literally wearing you out.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
The best you can do is just talk about it. It's better to be honest about it now than to wait too much longer..

yep....this right here.

option B. Grab some strange

sax

sax

Jan 26, 2011
I have been with women that have just had a VERY heavy appetite for sex. It's a tough position to be in if their libido is much stronger than yours. In some cases, it leads dysfunctional relationships. The best you can do is just talk about it. It's better to be honest about it now than to wait too much longer. Just let her know that the sex is amazing, but you're running out of steam and having some trouble keeping up. Keep telling her that she is beautiful and a great person, that the sex is awesome, but it's literally wearing you out.

I'd be able to match her appetite if I didn't have to do anything too lol. Which is the second part of the problem. Her engagement and enthusiasm was part of what fueled my drive. Now the expectation is there but not her activities. Or is it? Good points being brought up here. Maybe it is too much for her too but she thinks she's making me happy. It would really be great if this is just a misunderstanding and both of us are just doing it thinking we're making the other happy. We'd be able to slow down some. I'm a bit inexperienced in the new relationship department I'm afraid. I was married for the longest and then serial dated for a decade and a half. Part of me suspects that our relationship is fine but the "newness" is wearing off and I'm just not sure how to transition to a normal sex life.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
This may not be the place people think of when it comes to relationship advice but I feel at home here and have to get something off my chest. I’ve been dating this woman for about six months and quite honestly it has been the most passionate relationship of my life. Sex 5 to 7 times a day is not unusual for us but recently that’s been dwindling.

One reason – sex that often is hard to keep up with lol. Especially when you’re 45 like me. The passion of a new relationship was the fire and I’m struggling to keep the interest. But another reason is she has stopped initiating sex and during it I feel like I am doing all the work. She’s receptive – she enjoys it – but there’s not the participation there once was.
This is making it even more difficult and this morning something happened that hasn’t happened to me in a very long time. I lost my erection in the middle of sex. I was bored shitless.

I want to hear more from the ladies but men’s advice is welcome too. Are we just passed the honeymoon phase of our relationship settling in something more normal? Or is this the beginning of the end?

YES, YES, YES, YES AND YES...Hate to be negative Nancy but this is life, it's not a bad thing unless it's as extreme as you describe..to lose your erection during is pretty bad. People don't seem to understand that having so much sex in the beginning will die down and that's when you either be ok with spreading it out so when you do have it it's great OR you keep finding new partners. :) My .02

sax

sax

Jan 26, 2011
YES, YES, YES, YES AND YES...Hate to be negative Nancy but this is life, it's not a bad thing unless it's as extreme as you describe..to lose your erection during is pretty bad. People don't seem to understand that having so much sex in the beginning will die down and that's when you either be ok with spreading it out so when you do have it it's great OR you keep finding new partners. :) My .02

Answer A and answer B both work for me :) Just kidding. I really like this woman. I'd much rather spread it out and than find someone new. I think that's what this relationship needs. Gas up the engines again.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
5-7 times a day? Who the hell has time for that?

sax

sax

Jan 26, 2011
Sorry. I started hating you when you said you were getting sex 5-7 times a day and so I didnt read the rest of your post, lol

lol. Let's just say I "supplement" to keep up with it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic