Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Seeking advice on how to persuade Dr. to change protocol

scotchindn

scotchindn

VIP Member
May 10, 2012
Hey gang, my doc has proposed to put me on test cyp at 200mg, once a month. I am certain that is a disaster in the making. I approached him with some of Dr. Crisler's work, and others, and asked about changing to weekly injections. He is adamant that monthly will be adequate. I do not want to go through that huge peak and valley crap. Any suggestions?

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
I had the same problem see at least if he will go every two weeks and if not go somewhere else. There are plenty of docs that will go weekly 200 a month isn't going to do nothing but screw with your system IMO.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Find a new doctor. Yours is apparently retarded and is incapable of understanding a simple graph or the half life of a drug.

DF

DF

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2012
That's nuts even the guidelines say 200mg every 2 weeks. Time for a new doc brother.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I'd also ask him for a list of the last 10 drugs he prescribed. I bet at least half were SSRI's with side effects such as suicidal thoughts and actions.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Your doctor is clueless. 2.5 weeks out of the 4 you will be low on test. First off that's an average of 50mg a week. Secondly. Most trt patients take 100mg to 200mg a week 1x a week.

Last edited:
Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
mine had me at 100mg every 2 weeks and my test dropped below 100...100mg/wk has me around 300, but that's still low imo

whowhatwhenwhere

whowhatwhenwhere

Scammer
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck him...add a gram of sust 250 every week...

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
That's ridiculous....mine had no problem putting me on .6ml of Test Cyp 200 every 4 days when I showed the doc what other docs were doing. I even talked her into adex and hcg. HCG was the toughest to get her to give me. I had to explain that I was very young, and that i hope to have kids some day. Oh, she also tried and tried to get me to use a Test cream instead of injections....but that was avoided when I explained to her that my wife is of child bearing age, and I did not want the cream to rub off on her.

I only had to do go through all of this because I had to switch doctors....my old doc was well aware of low T and my cycle history.

Last edited:
JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Some Dr.s are just idiots, No person can survive on 200mgs a month. I've seen my share, you need to find a new Dr. Go to a family DR or general practice internal medicine DR and bring your blood results. I have an awesome Dr, that has me on 200mgs a week because he knows that's in a normal range after 7 days.

I should say that if a DR won't listen to your choice of your medication request, then that is another reason to find someone else. The injections work much better, and are safer than some cream or gel that can mess up your kids or even wife.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
YES he is a moron, half life if cyp is 8 days so your only riding on 100mg at the end of week one and by the end of week to levels crash, Every week injections are best for moods, and health.

Better protocol is around 150 ew which will keep you on the high side of blood levels and you will feel better.

if your not using hcg that two week stretch gives you to much of a crash with 200mg .

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
mine had me at 100mg every 2 weeks and my test dropped below 100...100mg/wk has me around 300, but that's still low imo

Exactly! these idiots need to learn the pharmacodynamics of the drug there using

any good endocrinologist will put you on lower doses taken more frequently . 150mg to 200mg every week is ideal.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic