Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Secrets to big Calves......

N

Nightmare

Mar 5, 2014
I have been blessed with no calves. And not wanting to be 'that guy' I am on a mission to get me some cows. I am also recovering from an ACL recon so my one calf is even more minuet .
So, what do yee of big calves do ?

rumbletumble

rumbletumble

Feb 25, 2012
I work mine out twice a week, every Wednesday night and Saturdays, check out Joe Donnely "spelling" on youtube and see how he works his calves out. He used to play in the NFL and I think he gives great advice. rt...

HawaiianPride.

HawaiianPride.

Oct 21, 2010
Consider increasing intensity or duration. I keep all of my calve movements at 20 reps, and as heavy as I can go. I train them 3 times per week at 4 exercises per session. I was genetically blessed with shit calves when I first started, now they are starting to come as my weight slowly increases each year and the longer I bang away at them. There is no secret formula or cookie cutter workout for growing calves bro. Keep beating the muscle up, rest it, feed it, and repeat. Sooner or later they will have no other choice but to grow.

Reactions: 5.0
Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Get heavy and work em like you'd work back. Multi angles high reps and heavy weights. Donkeys are a must IMO if you don't have the machine they can be done with a smith and some calf blocks. Or the old school horsey mount!

DrMehta

DrMehta

Apr 5, 2014
High rep day and a low rep day, so two days a week total. Slow reps, holding at the top. So many guys just pile on 500lbs and do bouncy 1/4 reps, almost all of them have tiny thin lower legs.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I have been blessed with good sized calves. I don't train them and they are 18", the same size as my biceps.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news my friend..look at your calves in the mirror, are they high up on your leg? that will be a huge problem right there, one of my early inspirations was Tony Pearson, he had tiny calves but one hell of a lat spread..I had trained mine into oblivion, everything, every kind of training imaginable, they got very vascular and after 1 solid year of everything, I put on about 1/4''. Don't let this discourage you, specialize on your calves and after a solid year if you don't notice anything, then it's genetic..POB has huge calves yet rarely to never trains them, I wanted to be one of those guys, nature felt differently...good luck and hope you make your gains!

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
Yep it's all about our grand parents and our parents

I have been blessed with good sized calves. I don't train them and they are 18", the same size as my biceps.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
PicsArt_1395771248461.jpg Not sure I was told not to train them they are too big for figure lol :p:p

rumbletumble

rumbletumble

Feb 25, 2012
tightglutes, you really get my motor running posting pics of your quads, hamstrings, and calves; I have no other choice but to put you in spankbank! It's all your fault, and I can't take responsibility for my actions, from here forward! rt...

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
high freq- hit them as many times as you can in a week, doesn't necessary mean more sets or volume. just tear them up and get out.

and high intensity for any weak body part.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic