Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Sassy's TB-500 Experiment - 6 weeks to no pain??

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
I was a skeptic originally - I think you need to find a good chiro for starters. I've had a few that made me feel like they were just telling me shit to make me feel like I needed to keep coming back. When I've had specific issues, I've been lucky to find some good guys, and they would typically be my first person to talk to if I developed some other issue from the gym - ranging from the shoulder thing to bursitis in my knees to a rotated pelvis (from sitting in a bad chair working from home). And when I can I try to combine the chiro + massage at least 1/month as I mentioned above - it gets expensive, but it seems to be sufficient for maintenance to go 1/month.

I felt like a million bucks when I was done w/ the massage today. She did most of the work on my little joint insertion points where all the tendonitis is, but also got some really good areas on my upper back - that's when it feels amazing - like when you rub a sore muscle after training. THAT"S when it feels amazing. But afterwards I was just wiped out. Went home and sat in an epsom salt bath for 20 min. Feel great, like after a hard workout. Just another flavor of recovery.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Week 1 / Day 5: Sat, 11/17/12

Did stuff around the house and got the above mentioned brutally wonderful massage. Sat in a eucalyptus epsom salt bath for 15 min while making a flatbread chicken pizza. I was mush most of the night and my forearms and wrists where I had her do a lot of work were really sore - but in a good way.

Week 1 / Day 6: Sun 11/18/12

Training: legs
DeFranco wu
leg ext: 80/20 x 6 --- right knee tweaking a little on these - I typically do these last instead of first
super:
- smith squat: 95/20 105/20 125/20 135/20 - pansy ass.. lol should've gone straight to 135 for reps, but knee was tweaky
- step ups (10 lb plates): 20 x 4
Triple:
- adductor: 80/20 x 4
- walking lunges: 25 steps x 4
- lying leg curls: 80/20 x 6
standing alt leg curl: 15/20 x 4

Then walked 2 miles home w/ some stops to shop :) I was surprised how good my feet felt after all that.

Last edited:
Times Roman

Times Roman

MuscleHead
Oct 27, 2012
I'm glad you find relief wth the massage/chiro combo. i've never done either, maybe i should. i don't typically take any pain meds except alleve. when it gets bad, two alleve and a little bottle of wine works wonders for me. plus the hot shower. i know, i know... you probably don't drink, and it's not a good policy to do that. but i'm also a big dumb irish boy, and i seeem to crave drinking from time to time. and it does seem to help. and at $8/bottle, less expensive than massage/chiro.

on your adductor, a strange thing happened to me a few weeks ago. i was leg pressing, post TB, so i'm jjust going light to see if it recovers on my own. I may have to go another course of TB, but right now, it's not so bad.

Cheers!

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
I find its not so much about pain as alignment - my neck feels like my head is shoved into my shoulders or I can't turn my head a full range of motion. Bigger issues are that my hips tend to go cockeyed about 1/month - when I get adjusted I generally have about an inch of left side / right side difference - my hips are literally lopsided. This is something of the end result of the push/pull balance that is my regular daily existence - some imbalance due to remnants of rotated pelvis several years ago - one side is loose, one side is tight. I also have a very tight right side piriformis and tightness in my calves / ankles, more on right than left side from the plantar fasciitis - its like it all comes together to make main points lopsided. And than that propagates to more lower back issues, shoulder issues, upper back issues, etc.

Times Roman

Times Roman

MuscleHead
Oct 27, 2012
I find its not so much about pain as alignment - my neck feels like my head is shoved into my shoulders or I can't turn my head a full range of motion. Bigger issues are that my hips tend to go cockeyed about 1/month - when I get adjusted I generally have about an inch of left side / right side difference - my hips are literally lopsided. This is something of the end result of the push/pull balance that is my regular daily existence - some imbalance due to remnants of rotated pelvis several years ago - one side is loose, one side is tight. I also have a very tight right side piriformis and tightness in my calves / ankles, more on right than left side from the plantar fasciitis - its like it all comes together to make main points lopsided. And than that propagates to more lower back issues, shoulder issues, upper back issues, etc.

I suffered for over 20 years with a neck injury. I was in the military, coming back from deployment, in a troop transport carrier (cattle truck), i was standing by the door, smoking a cigarette, we were on the freeway, M16 propped leaning up against my leg, hotter than hell, when all of a sudden the truck hits a bump in the freeway, my M16 tumbles out the door, and onto the highway. Without thinking, I go jumping out (we were doing freeway speeds, somewhere around 60mph) land perfectly, feet together, tumble beautifully, pop up and go trotting off after my M16. Later, my neck stiffens up (I was wearing my steel pot), and for the next 20 years, i had a lot of problems with my neck. The army's solution was to take an aspirin and don't bitch about it. Real men dont' bitch about little shit like that is what I was told. This IS one thing I could probably improve, as even now, when on the harley, I don't like to wear a helmet as it reaggrevates the pain in my neck and tires me out.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Week 1 / Day 7: Tues 11/20/12

Training: shoulders / tris

shoulder wu
super:
- cable front laterals: 15/20 x 5
- db side laterals: 15/20 x 4
super:
- cable side laterals: 15/20 x 4
- cable rear lateral: 20/20 x 4
triple:
- ezbar tri pressdown: 80/20 x 4
- machine tri ext: 40/20 x 4
- db kickbacks: 20/20 x 4

Observations: no pain YAY! Right shoulder got a bit tired, but that's about it. I'd venture the first week of the new training routine and probably more days off than I'd normally do because of work (finishing stuff up before the holiday), I've gotten some nice recovery time.
-

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Week 2 / Day 15: Wed, 11/28/12

Obviously a big gap here - w/ the Thxgiving holiday I was out of town where there are no gyms and living on someone else's schedule. No worries tho - IMO Its good to take time off sometimes. Didn't overeat - if anything was short on food because of the random travel schedule and living on someone else's schedule. Will probably pick up the gym on Friday as I think I'm going to tied up tomorrow nite after work. And obviously up working late tonite as it is nearly 1 am CST.

Shot the next 2.5 mg yesterday.

Observations: Nothing really dramatic noticed - I did note sleeping on my right side, my right rotator was not happy. I think I don't typically sleep on that side, but it was hurting. Also have done a few runs of power shopping and my feet hurt like a beyotch. Not wearing the best shoes for it, but I think its fair to say no dramatic impact by the TB-500 at this point. Outside of the these two items, at least I'm not getting any soreness due to something outside the gym.

Experiment to continue :)

Times Roman

Times Roman

MuscleHead
Oct 27, 2012
how's it going sassy?

and yep! it'll still be a couple of weeks before you will get a clue that things are improving.

hang in there!! =)

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
how's it going sassy?

and yep! it'll still be a couple of weeks before you will get a clue that things are improving.

hang in there!! =)

Thx TR! Looking forward to when it does start to show me something, and just getting my regular schedule up & running again!
More to come soon!

Rockcandy

Rockcandy

TID Lady Member
Sep 22, 2011
Hi Sassy hope things get better

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic