Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Sassy's TB-500 Experiment - 6 weeks to no pain??

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
I'm starting this journal to record my experiences w/ TB-500 or Thymosin beta 4. Below is a block of description about it, but the impetus for this was some input by TID member, Times Roman in this thread about dealing w/ tendonitis.

http://www.theironden.com/threads/51-Bicep-Tendonitis?p=161252&viewfull=1#post161252

My interest started with the tendonitis angle, but in the time since I ordered some TB-500 per TR's suggested protocol, I started wondering of it would help w/ some other recent issues I've had. I moved to Chicago a couple months ago and in the process have done a LOT of walking and had developed a pain in the middle of both my feet, in addition to some ongoing plantar fasciitis. I decided to google "TB-500 foot pain" and found on Professional Muscle where someone related his wife's experience w/ it. She, being a distance runner had tried it to deal w/ plantar fasciitis. This piqued my interest because my feet are a mess.

For context, I'm 47, have been lifting since 1981 and competing in women's bodybuilding between 2000 - 2010. I developed my first tendonitis around 1991 in my elbows and at this point, any continued arm work will start it flaring up to the point that I might actually drop the weight if it hurts too much. I've got hereditary bunions and have already had 3 surgeries to deal w/ it. Currently isn't a primary issue. But I've also been dealing w/ plantar fasciitis in both feet since around 2007 and was diagnosed 2 weeks ago w/ 2 neuromas (inflamed nerve in the middle of my foot) on the right foot and one on the left. The doc game me 3 shots of cortisone to see if it would reduce the inflammation, but its not really doing that much. According to the doc, the next thing to deal with it is surgery - basically get it cut out. Not really what I'm looking for at the moment. I also have a jacked right rotator cuff - I had arthroscopic surgery in 2008 when they originally thought I had a pinhole tear in the rotator. They never found any tears but cleaned up a bunch of frayed tendon, cleaned out some arthritis and shaved down my clavicle to reduce impingements resulting from transient inflammation. It healed great, but I managed to jack it again doing heavy Arnold presses a week before my last competition in 2010 - meaning executing an unsupported lift while being completely depleted going into peak week. 2 yrs later its still an issue. And a variety of tendonitis from general wear & tear. I've cut way back on my lifting partly due to my work schedule and relocation to a new city and also in trying to drop some muscle mass to compete in a smaller competition category. So even w/ the time off, I still have regular flare ups of all of this stuff.

The list of specific issues:

- wrist tendonitis - left & right
- elbow tendonitis - left & right
- right shoulder irritation - tends to propagate to a spastic upper back and neck
- tweaky knees - left & right
- ankles & shins tend to get tight from the plantar fasciitis
- left heel always hurts (plantar fasciitis)
- left middle of the foot - neuroma that generally makes my middle toes get nerve shocks / numbness
- right middle of the foot - supposedly 2 neuromas that always hurt - I walk to / from work so that doesn't help

Also in pursuit of dropping some lean muscle mass and prepping for a possible 5K run (keeping in mind I stopped doing any sort of interval cardio back in 2005...), I've started working on building up to running a couple miles through increased duration interval cardio on a treadmill. Yea, my feet hurt.

The protocol I will be following is pretty simple and as TR recommended:

Week 1 (day 1): 5mg (reconstituted w/ 1ml bacteriostatic water) injected subQ in the ab area
Week 2 - 5 (every 7th day): 2.5 mg (5 mg bottle reconstituted w/ 1ml bac water = 0.5 ml bac water per injection) injected subQ in the ab area
Week 6 - whenever I run out: 2.5 mg every other week (every 14th day) injected subQ in the ab area.

What is TB-500? (stolen from online)

TB-500 (Thymosin beta-4) is not a growth factor; rather, it is a major actin regulating peptide. TB-500 has been found to play an important role in protection, regeneration and remodeling of injured or damaged tissues. The gene for TB500 has also been found to be one of the first proteins to be up-regulated after a wound occurs.

Thymosin Beta 4 is a synthetic version of the naturally occurring peptide present in virtually all cells, Thymosin Beta 4 TB-500. It is a first-in-class peptide candidate that promotes the following:
* Endothelial (blood vessels) cell differentiation
* Angiogenesis (growth of new blood cells from pre-existing vessels) in dermal tissues
* Keratinocyte migration
* Collagen deposition; and
* Decreases inflammation.

Thymosin Beta-4, synonymously referred to as TB-500, offers many benefits to the equine world in performance enhancement. Recent trials by some of the world’s leading trainers have been credited by a huge boost in their race-day results, something long desired in racing worldwide.

These trials along with clinical trials have indicated the following benefits associated with the use of Thymosin Beta 4:
* Relaxed muscle spasm
* Improved muscle tone
* Increase the exchange of substance between cells
* Encourage tissue repair
* Stretches connective tissue
* Helps maintain flexibility
* Reduces inflammation of tissue in joint
* Enhances nutritional components in the animal
* Prevents the formations of adhesions and fibrous bands in muscles, tendons and ligaments.

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Def following this b/c I know 2 people who need to use this if it works.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Week 1 / Day 1: Tues, 11/13/12

5 mg (reconstituted w/ 1 ml bacteriostatic water) injected subQ in the ab area this morning.

No gym today because of work, but walked home. Despite 3 cortisone injections into my feet, the neuromas hurt like a bitch and heel pain in the left foot (plantar fasciitis) persists.

Cardio: AM interval cardio - increasing in running time, currently at 30 min. May add in some PM cardio as well.
Diet: is around 1700 cals, high protein, low carb, low fat. (Goal is to dump some muscle mass and more fat.)
Training: My training towards a Physique competition in May, 2013, and is going to consist of the following:

Day 1: Chest & Biceps
Day 2: Back & Calves
Day 3: Shoulders & Triceps
Day 4: Legs

Lifting is generally 4 exercises, 4-6 sets of 15-20 reps on the larger muscle group, 2-3 on the smaller of the pair. Superset wherever I can and keep the whole thing very aerobic.

I expect the first week or so is going to be slow getting things going.

Times Roman

Times Roman

MuscleHead
Oct 27, 2012
I've referred countless people, and over a half dozen that I know of have actually started the TB500 protocol. Everyone that I know of that started, not one said they didn't experience any relief. Every one had positive experiences, which is really encouraging, when you think that a "standard" 15mg protocol over five or six weeks is just a tad over a hundred dollars. There are a variety of places to get it from, and as long as you find one that is cost effective and delivers a quality product, then it really doesn't matter where you get it from.

Good luck Sassy! I'll be rooting for you, and hopefully, some of this nagging pain will fall by the wayside.

---Roman

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
TR - looking forward to counting myself among those who got your recommendation!

Week 1 / Day 2: Wed, 11/14/12

AM cardio: treadmill interval cardio for 35 min.
- used some new shoes so that helped, but generally felt good, ran longest intervals to date (3 min - ok not amazing, but for me it is!). Also ran w/o the nylon knee sleeves I have been using for the last couple weeks to help w/some knee support.

Times Roman

Times Roman

MuscleHead
Oct 27, 2012
TR - looking forward to counting myself among those who got your recommendation!

Week 1 / Day 2: Wed, 11/14/12

AM cardio: treadmill interval cardio for 35 min.
- used some new shoes so that helped, but generally felt good, ran longest intervals to date (3 min - ok not amazing, but for me it is!). Also ran w/o the nylon knee sleeves I have been using for the last couple weeks to help w/some knee support.

I was looking over your list of ailments, and would like to ask you if you are taking MSM for joint health? It's the other thing I'm real preachy about.

I take 5 grams a day, and will do so forever. My knees are real "tweaky" (really an understatement)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylsulfonylmethane

it seems to improve collegen synthesis and helps overall pain with Osteoarthritis.

I've been taking MSM for about 15 years now. Again, 5 grams a day forever.... this is a slow process, and you will begin to notice improvements in about a month. You can also speed it up a bit by taking 10grams a day for the first two weeks, commonly referred to as the loading phase.

MSM Powder is extremely inexpensive, and you can get 5lbs of powder for $35. As you can see, at 5 grams a day, the daily cost is only a few pennies, and 5lbs will last a few years.

PM me if you want a link to where i get mine, or if you have any other questions.

My personal belief? I would recommend MSM for anyone that lifts weights.

---Roman

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
I was looking over your list of ailments, and would like to ask you if you are taking MSM for joint health? It's the other thing I'm real preachy about.

I take 5 grams a day, and will do so forever. My knees are real "tweaky" (really an understatement)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylsulfonylmethane

it seems to improve collegen synthesis and helps overall pain with Osteoarthritis.

I've been taking MSM for about 15 years now. Again, 5 grams a day forever.... this is a slow process, and you will begin to notice improvements in about a month. You can also speed it up a bit by taking 10grams a day for the first two weeks, commonly referred to as the loading phase.

MSM Powder is extremely inexpensive, and you can get 5lbs of powder for $35. As you can see, at 5 grams a day, the daily cost is only a few pennies, and 5lbs will last a few years.

PM me if you want a link to where i get mine, or if you have any other questions.

My personal belief? I would recommend MSM for anyone that lifts weights.

---Roman

Good eye! And yes I've been using MSM for at least the last 10 yrs.

Times Roman

Times Roman

MuscleHead
Oct 27, 2012
MSM? Trashed shoulders.

Yep. good for overall joint health. supposed to improve collegen synthesis and reduce the pain of osteoarthritas. I've been taking it for 15years. Our joints really take a beating doing what we do, and this does help.

Jayt

Jayt

Jul 5, 2012
Excellent post! My wife has virtually all the same problems + menopause. If this works I will be a hero! She might even like me again? In between hormonal episodes! lol Thanks Sassy!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic