Aug 16, 2011
4/11/12 - Wed

Cardio: 45 min stairmaster

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
4/12/12 - Friday Eve!

As promised! Crossfit report! Got thru it, but definitely a good demonstration of all my issues. The two biggest were shin pumps from my plantar fasciitis and my generally crappy cardiovascular capacity. The assumption would be that both would improve w/ conditioning. He's scheduling another session next week to make a decision on going forward.

Here's the intended routine & the actual:

"Warm-up" - this was walking around the building 3x w/ the trainer discussing my various concerns, goals & limitations.
quad stretch
ham stretch
10 reps reverse hyper
15 reps x 2 ham glute raise - get some blood into the lower back
super (repeat x3):
- 500 m row x 3 - 1st round a little sloppy since I haven't done a row in a while - gotta find the form
- sled push (+50 lb) - 50m there, 50m back x3 --- 2nd set needed a couple minutes for my shin pumps to go down, 3rd set - same
warm-up reps: bumper plate DL: 95/10 x 2
super (repeat x5) - goal: finish in under 5 minutes - actual: finished in 3:55
- bumper plates DL: 135/5 x 5
- pushups: 10 x 5

Cardio: 45 min stairmaster @ home

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
I am so jealous of your ability to journal, all you ladies. I HATE it.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
4/13/12 - Friday the 13th!

The result of crossfit + 45 min stairmaster is sore feet. Boo. I can see I'm going to need to get my ice packs back in the freezer. I'm also currently sitting on a tennis ball because my right IT band is sore & tight as effff again. I will shortly be wrapping my right ankle in an ice pack as well. Tomorrow morning I'll be hitting another general Beginner level Crossfit class and upping my cardio to 55 min.

I got another comment about looking leaner, so that's good. I can also tell there's something going on because I get dried out a lot quicker -i.e. water dropping, which usually comes w/ fat burning. Yay!

Training: quads dominant

DeFranco wu
ATF squats: bodywt/20 bar/20 95/15 x 6
leg press (wide stance): 270/20 x 2 180/40 x 5
leg ext: 80/20 x 3 60/20 x 3
DB sumo squat: 80/20 x 6

10 min posing -- I can see I'm going to need to work on my hip flexibility.

Cardio: 45 min treadmill

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
4/14/12 - Sat

I had great plans to get up & do a beginner crossfit class this morning, but I woke up around 7 am w/ my knees a bit achy but more concerning, the bottoms of my feet and my achilles tendons kinda throbbing. So I got up and grabbed my gel ice packs and wrapped up one foot for 20 min then switched to the other for another 20 min. It helped, but I think I really needed some time to let the pain go, as I know they do running in this class. I'm going to break out a new pair of shoes & orthodics!

In the mean time, I'm seeing more of the fluff come off, though the scale hasn't moved. At least its holding steady. I decided to do shoulders, posing & cardio at the gym. Got done doing shoulders & posing, and then got into a conversation w/ a couple people, one of which is a former bodybuilder. Ending up spending a good half hour talking about the state of competition and stuff. Figured it was time to go home & eat. Then did cardio at home.

Training: Shoulders

Shoulder wu x 3
seated smith (front) shoulder press: bar/20 65/25 85/20 x 5
machine shoulder press (wanted to compare the effect vs the smith shoulder press - because the smith press activated some chest as well): 60/20 x 2
DB side raises: 15/20 x 5
bent over DB reverse fly: 15/20 x 4
EZ bar body drags: 30/15 x 4 20/15 x 2 -- This is to hit rear delts, and in the process, does a bi curl on the way up and a tri extension at the end of the move. I get nutty bicep pumps and my elbow tendonitis starts to flare so I keep the weight low and do the max number of reps I can handle.

* Got the idea to do mostly shoulders and 1 bi and 1 tri exercise since they were already getting hit in the body drags. I've explicitly stayed away from arms, back & chest because I tend to build upper body easily, but have also wanted to do conditioning work to bring out the more refined detail as the fluff comes off. For future reference, I think I'll keep arms on a different day. My right shoulder got tweaked when I started up w/ the next set of bi cable curls.*

hi cable bi curls: 40/15 30/20 x 2
tri cable rope ext: 80/20 x 3

Posing... so here I'm playing w/ variations on leg positioning. A lot of it has dependence on hip flexibility. I have great flexibility, but I'm apparently very tight in this particular orientation of the joint. So I'm going to have to work a lot on that.

Cardio: 50 min stairmaster

And my ultrasound & ice packs are coming out tonite!

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
Posing! Argh...this part is more worrisome to me than losing the fat LOL...I am trying, but without some experienced help I am not doing so well in my opinion. Starting in a couple weeks I am doing posing training with a vet...but Im afraid he expects me to know more than I do when we start LOL

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Posing! Argh...this part is more worrisome to me than losing the fat LOL...I am trying, but without some experienced help I am not doing so well in my opinion. Starting in a couple weeks I am doing posing training with a vet...but Im afraid he expects me to know more than I do when we start LOL

It all comes w/ practice :) Not all of it is intuitively obvious or even natural feeling - but you'll get it. Once you get the basic form then work on getting in tune w/ your muscles as to what should be engaging for the presentation you want. Also keep in mind that when you get on stage, you don't have a mirror, and also anything you practice in front of the mirror might end up being presented in the opposite direction - i.e. are you stage left or stage right, and what is your view vs. the audience's view - I know I really have to think about the direction I'm oriented in during practice vs actual stage time.

But just keep practicing. What you want is that it all becomes so natural that you can pull out whatever pose you need w/o thinking about it - so you don't worry about blanking out on stage. And I'd also suggest having at least one 'go-to' pose that you can default to if you are completely lost. :)

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
4/15/12 - Sun

Yep, sore but not too achy :)

I was planning to do a decent abs/calves day today, but it has been proposed that I check out crossfit classes on Mon & Wed this coming week. So I decided to cut the calf work way back because I tend to get really sore the day after calves and its just bad if I have to do any running. I also pulled out the frozen water bottle to roll under my feet and firing up the home ultrasound. And yes, dug out some new tennis shoes & thick socks! I also picked up some new nylon knee sleeves. Talk about going in w/ new armor.

Training: abs/calves

DeFranco wu
Super:
- fitball cable crunches:100/25 x 6
- fitball high crunches: 20 x 6
hanging abs: 10 x 4
various ab machines
standing calves: 80/20 x 3
30 min posing.. I seriously gotta work on my hip flexibility. Sheesh!

Cardio: 25 min HIIT recumbant bike + 30 min treadmill

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
4/16/12 - Monday

I only got to one achilles tendon last night, and of course the worse one still hurt this morning. On the lighter side, work ran late and I didn't make it to the crossfit class, so I blew it out on hams/glutes/posing and then came home for Stairmaster with the Stars!

Training: ham/glute

DeFranco wu
lying leg curl: 80/20 x 3
SLDL: 95/20 x 5
super:
- walking lunges: 40 steps x 4
- reverse hypers; 20 x 4

20 min posing

Cardio: 55 stairmaster

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic