Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Ryan Kennelly faces federal charges tied to anabolic steroids, busted a 3rd time....

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
February 9, 2013

A Moses Lake man known as the “Bench Monster,” for his world-record weightlifting exploits faces federal charges tied to anabolic steroids.

Ryan Shawn Kennelly, 38, once bench pressed 1,075 pounds to set a world record at the Pride Strength Wars in Kennewick.

Now his burden is dealing with the fallout of a grand jury indictment involving outlawed steroids, charges that carry maximum penalties upon conviction of 20 years in prison and $500,000 in fines.

He pleaded not guilty Friday in U.S. District Court to a rash of charges accusing him of possessing lab equipment to make steroids; importing anabolic steroids; possession and attempts to deliver steroids; and being an unlawful user of a drug while possessing firearms and ammunition.

Friday was not the muscle-bound Kennelly’s first brush with steroid allegations.

Grant County prosecutors accused him in October 2010 of manufacturing marijuana and possession and intent to distribute marijuana and anabolic steroids, the Tri-City Herald reported.

Two months later, authorities searched his Kennewick apartment and seized 84 vials of steroids, and he was charged with possession with intent to manufacture and deliver anabolic steroids.

While those two cases were pending, authorities accused him of trying to ship steroids from Washington to California via UPS, but California Highway Patrol investigators intercepted the package and discovered the vials inside.

It is unclear what bearing the charges may have on his status as world record holder with the World Powerlifting Organization. Founder Kieran Kidder did not respond to an interview request.

Kennelly is being held in the Spokane County Jail. U.S. Magistrate Judge Cynthia Imbrogno set his bail hearing for Wednesday at 1:30 p.m.

A

amore169

Sep 8, 2012
It seems like lately they have been convicting more people with AAAS use.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Ryan Kennelly faces federal charges tied to anabolic steroids, busted a 3rd tim

I'm pretty sure Keiran at WPO won't give a shit. If you're benching a grand you're on a lot of gear. Duh.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Yea I remember this fucking idiot, busted again and again, hate to say it but at this point he deserves his fate for spitting in their faces............

WidowMaker

WidowMaker

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2013
I agree with POB here!
They will find a quick way to put this aside and find a new world champ!
I hate this as his benching impressed me a lot!

The most the WPO will probably do is have the different powerlifting feds have random drug testing....oh wait, most already do!

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Isn't this the guy who benched over 700 raw?

I hate to see anyone deal with this, but three strikes....

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Isn't this the guy who benched over 700 raw?

I hate to see anyone deal with this, but three strikes....

You're thinking of Scott Mendelson:

Last edited by a moderator:
tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Thanks BI. Wow, that was impressive. Looks like he had more headroom in that lift.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Wow another close to home for me

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
scott hit that shit fairly easy.U will see that bench grow....As far as Ryan...this really sucks.I know some will say he knew better but come on people ...Its a personal freedom to inject your body with anabolics...Law or not this great lifter is going down for bullshit...Its just another way to demonize steroids .fuck that.

HGH

HGH

MuscleHead
Jan 11, 2013
Agree with deadweight. This made me sad as fuck. Here's a man who wasn't harming anyone and now he's going to be imprisoned.

And another thing, I think it's 100% bullshit that you can be charged with "intent" to do anything.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Agree with deadweight. This made me sad as fuck. Here's a man who wasn't harming anyone and now he's going to be imprisoned.

And another thing, I think it's 100% bullshit that you can be charged with "intent" to do anything.

Completely agree... Its like hate crimes. Lets punish people for what may or may not be in their heads.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic