Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Road to RUM @165

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Great work man. The 165's were stacked this year.

I heard that record won't count due to RUM not using calibrated plates. Pretty disappointing as that was an epic performance.

I was shocked to read that as well. You would have thought they would have used calibrated weights. They used non calibrated York plates I think.

E

EastCoast1

Jul 20, 2015
I was shocked to read that as well. You would have thought they would have used calibrated weights. They used non calibrated York plates I think.

The last 2 years RUM has been shit. I wouldn't be surprised if no one notable even does it next year.

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
You've go to be kdding me!?!?! I had no idea they didn't use calibrated plates. I just kind of assumed that because it's such a big meet that calibrated plates would be used. That ****ing sucks! I was talking to paul during weigh ins and he btw is one of the coolest, most chill, humble people I've ever met. But he was asking me about my numbers and stuff and he was telling me that I was would do great and not to be nervous and all that, so I asked him what he was hoping to hit and he told me that he's been chasing 1650, so for him to finally have exceeded his goal and broken the world record and for it not to count is complete bullshit. When they were giving out awards, I noticed they miscalculated my total said I totaled 427kg, when it was actually 445kg, and I was pretty sure I was close to 3rd but I didn't feel like standing there and arguing with them about their math skills.

E

EastCoast1

Jul 20, 2015
You've go to be kdding me!?!?! I had no idea they didn't use calibrated plates. I just kind of assumed that because it's such a big meet that calibrated plates would be used. That ****ing sucks! I was talking to paul during weigh ins and he btw is one of the coolest, most chill, humble people I've ever met. But he was asking me about my numbers and stuff and he was telling me that I was would do great and not to be nervous and all that, so I asked him what he was hoping to hit and he told me that he's been chasing 1650, so for him to finally have exceeded his goal and broken the world record and for it not to count is complete bullshit. When they were giving out awards, I noticed they miscalculated my total said I totaled 427kg, when it was actually 445kg, and I was pretty sure I was close to 3rd but I didn't feel like standing there and arguing with them about their math skills.
Yea, it is unfortunate. He still gets the #1 spot in the rankings, but as far as PL watch is concerned the WR still belongs to Micah Marino. I guess RUM just painted a bunch of York BB plates...lol Awful.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Goals!!!!!!

OMG I would wife you

Yea, it is unfortunate. He still gets the #1 spot in the rankings, but as far as PL watch is concerned the WR still belongs to Micah Marino. I guess RUM just painted a bunch of York BB plates...lol Awful.

Oh now the pic of the little kid bench sets is funny. Had no idea what that was when I saw it

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
The last 2 years RUM has been shit. I wouldn't be surprised if no one notable even does it next year.

That's ****ing stupid. They need to be dotting all their i's and crossing all their t's so RUM is the premier raw meet.

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Goals!!!!!!

yea what POB said! haha

They used calibrated ivanko kilo plates last year if I remember correctly. Not sure why they didn't do the same this year.

That's ****ing stupid. They need to be dotting all their i's and crossing all their t's so RUM is the premier raw meet.

They had a lot of people drop out, I did overhear the meet director tell someone that in the survey they did last year asking the lifters what they should do without the majority of the responses they got was for them to get rid of the monolift and knee wraps. Seems to me like that really hurt them this year. I think there was a total of 60-70 lifters, and those that didn't make weight for their weight class were just bumped up to the next one. It essentially turned into an open meet, qualifying totals didn't matter.

Thats super shitty! No doubt paul will take the record again soon, but Micah Marino is a MONSTER!! He didn't have a great meet and still broke the all time world record total.

Yea, like I said people that didn't make weight were just bumped up to the next weight class. Kind of defeats the purpose of having to qualify for RUM for a specific weight class.

E

EastCoast1

Jul 20, 2015
Thats super shitty! No doubt paul will take the record again soon, but Micah Marino is a MONSTER!! He didn't have a great meet and still broke the all time world record total.

Rostislav is gunna put the smash on Paul and Micah once that hand heals up..heh

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I'm gonna drop down to 164 and ruin all of yalls dreams!!! Gimme like three months...

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Made a compilation video of the meet and posted it on the youtubes if anyone wants to check it out.

So It's the end of _3M_'s RUM prep and the start of the offseason, which is gonna be pretty crazy. I started classes back up so my main focus until may will be school and training will kind of take a back seat in the mean time. I have already picked out my next meet which will be the Ft. Lauderdale FitExpo in early October. It will be my first USPA meet which I'm really looking forward to because I've heard nothing but good things about that Fed.

My goal will be to total 1500+ this time around, which I know is possible now that my squat decided to stop being ghey. My deadlift seems to have really taken off, so hopefully I can continue to build off of that momentum along with my squat, and I will put a little more focus on my bench since that seems to be something I've now started to struggle on. I'll probably start an offseason log for that but for now I'll continue to post on this one.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic