BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Road to RUM @165

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Holy hell - this log is on fire!
Lots of good work in here and the entries' details are excellent.

RUM invite is one of my lifetime goals!

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Nice 5x5 dl's, no wonder the gm's were difficult. What do you normally go with for gm's? Bench is very strong imo, I'd love to be able to move that. Few more weeks, I'm excited for you!

Thanks 5.0! I think the heaviest I've ever gone on gm's is 225 for 3 maybe 5. Heavy gm's scare me.

I'm still working on the bench, I'm hoping to hit close to 400 come RUM.

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Holy hell - this log is on fire!
Lots of good work in here and the entries' details are excellent.

RUM invite is one of my lifetime goals!

Thanks brother! It was mine too, I was extatic when I found out that I had qualified. You have a log on here Go Away? I'd like to keep up with yours.

Reactions: SAD
SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
How can you not love the powerlifting community, both online and on-life. Fcking love it.

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Week 2 Day 3

Skaats: 15x2 @RPE6
Stayed with 335 for all my sets, I've had this nagging glute/hip injury that I've been dealing with for quite a while now and its slowly getting better but today my IT band was hurting pretty bad which made this weight feel really heavy. I would of liked to have gone heavier but I figured it'd be best to stay at this weight. I have plenty of time to lift heavy later on in the program and when I start my actual Peaking program for RUM. I also worked on staying more upright in my squat, I noticed that I have a bit of a goodmorning squat (I squat high bar, so thats not good), so I really focused on staying really tight throughout the entire movement of every set. Also worked in some low bar for my last few sets and they felt really good, and although I know there is a little bit of a forward lean when doing low bar I was able to keep my back tight with very minimal forward lean. I think Im going to work on my low bar squat a little more and see how it goes.

Box Deadlift aka Koklyaev deadlifts: 5x5 @RPE9
Did all 5 sets with 315, my back was pretty done after those squats, focusing on not leaning forward on my squats really fatigued my lower back so I had to stay light on these.

Paused Squats w/light band: 3x7 @RPE8
At this point I was exhausted, so did all my sets with 185 with the green bands. The sets felt pretty good and my form stayed pretty tight even though I was tired.

I really feel like this program has been pushing me hard, and even though its only an offseason program I'm continuing to train as if my meet was next month. I'm really looking forward to starting the peak and really building off of this off season. Thanks @POB and SAD

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Start of Week 3

BW: 171

Deadlifts: 405 for 6x3- It was one of those training days where I just couldn't get my head into the workout.

Pin Press: 300 for 5x5

SSB GM's: Yoke+90lbs 3x7

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Good weight on the pin presses. Didn't think you would go that heavy. Well done

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Good weight on the pin presses. Didn't think you would go that heavy. Well done

Yea I brought the safety bars up a little I noticed the last couple weeks they were set too low. Soni brought them up to where my sticking point is and they it was harder but still felt good. I'll send you some vids

_3M_

_3M_

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2015
Even still...Huge strength!!!

Thanks Bull, I appreciate the support. Although its not quite were I want to be I know I just have to be patient. Its all a mental game if I stay positive on a bad day, then that means on a good day I'll be even stronger.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
You know how it works bro, the ebb and flow of routines, sleep, test, stress, food, etc. You're going to have those days and you're exactly right, you HAVE to crush those days because that's what the greats do. Everybody here can smash a hard workout when the weights feel light and the motivation is high, but only the greats apply that same effort to the bad days, the in between days, week after week, month after month, year after year. Keep doing what you're doing. Keep motivating me.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 3 members watching this topic

, ,