Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Rittenhouse Trial

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Anyone following it? I was shocked how transparent this trial appears to be leaning towards a "not guilty" verdict. The judge threw out the reckless gun charge (Count #6). Throughout the trial, I think the prosecution has been reaching and throwing shit against the wall hoping to get something to stick. But time after time, witness for the prosecution actually bolstered the case for the defense.

I am a little impressed with the judge not appearing to be swayed or bullied by the prosecution. With the prosecution amending charges, it sure appears like the jury should come back exonerating Rittenhouse, but who the hell knows.

On another topic, I was somewhat amused and disgusted by Adam Schiff having his credibility attacked on "The View" and a couple other talk shows regarding the Steele Dossier being completely debunked as lies. Typical Schiff spun it saying the people responsible are being prosecuted for their misinformation "unlike Trump pardoning those who lied." God, I can't stand that guy. He and Pelosi are just pure evil.

If the United States is not in ruins, I see a big shift in Congress towards the Right, and see a Republican president in 2024. Not sure about Trump, but who? DeSantis from Florida?

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I am not that far from Kenosha so I get to hear about this whether I like it or not. The footage the FBI has on this that was released kind of makes you wonder why he was charged at all. And the prosecutor is either really bad or was forced to take the case without much evidence to back it because its been weak. I guess its up to the jury now... BLM is going to riot in any outcome so I hope that doesn't factor into the juries decision.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
The judge seems to be a stickler for precision. He seems to be impartial from what I can see.

I think Rittenhouse will be convicted of something, though. Maybe a modified charge. What we do know is:

1) It is illegal for a minor to carry a gun in public in Wisconsin. He committed a crime.
2) There was also a curfew in effect which Rittenhouse violated. He Committed a crime.
3) He transported the weapon across state lines (is this federal?)
4) Rittenhouse was physically attacked and was genuinely fearful for his safety.

In Wisconsin if one is engaged in illegal activity (breaking curfews and being illegally armed as a minor is breaking the law) and shoots someone they do not get the same legal protection as a person would have if the person was not engaged in illegal activity and shot someone. Rittenhouse was clearly attacked and did defend himself. But everyone is well aware of the fact that Rittenhouse intentionally put himself in this situation. Wisconson law holds a person guilty if they are in commission of a crime and somebody gets hurt.

Both sides of this debate are bent on their partisan agendas that they are not seeing reality for what it is.

Rittenhouse was truly defending himself. Fact. Liberals need to accept this.

Rittenhouse put himself in a situation where he was violating the law. Fact. Conservatives need to accept this.

I trust the judge sees this reality too.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
On several occasions in the past year, in several different states, local DAs seemed to overcharge very quickly. My guess is that they were responding to the political winds at the time. Funny, once Biden and the dems got into office, magically all the "peaceful" protests ended. It's almost as if someone in the Democrat party has a say as to whether Antifa and/or BLM will riot and loot. Maybe they are the Dem party's brownshirts.... Go figure.

In any event, the prosecution overcharged, and the media just plain lied for the last year, and helpfully (or not) did not play the video evidence that supported the defendant's contention that he acted in self-defense. Quite appalling, but why am I surprised?

If he get convicted, it won't be for murder. And the media will try to say his acquittal is somehow racism (when a white kid defended himself by shooting 3 other white people). What a joke.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I am not that far from Kenosha so I get to hear about this whether I like it or not. The footage the FBI has on this that was released kind of makes you wonder why he was charged at all.
Has anyone answered the question why the FBI had drone(s) there in the first place? And why was only some footage provided while other footage was lost? Can the FBI destroy evidence that is exculpatory? And what is/was the federal issue? Unless the FBI had informants in there helping the riots along. Don't want to let a crisis go to waste.... The whole thing stinks.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
The judge seems to be a stickler for precision. He seems to be impartial from what I can see.

I think Rittenhouse will be convicted of something, though. Maybe a modified charge. What we do know is:

1) It is illegal for a minor to carry a gun in public in Wisconsin. He committed a crime.
2) There was also a curfew in effect which Rittenhouse violated. He Committed a crime.
3) He transported the weapon across state lines (is this federal?)
4) Rittenhouse was physically attacked and was genuinely fearful for his safety.

In Wisconsin if one is engaged in illegal activity (breaking curfews and being illegally armed as a minor is breaking the law) and shoots someone they do not get the same legal protection as a person would have if the person was not engaged in illegal activity and shot someone. Rittenhouse was clearly attacked and did defend himself. But everyone is well aware of the fact that Rittenhouse intentionally put himself in this situation. Wisconson law holds a person guilty if they are in commission of a crime and somebody gets hurt.

Both sides of this debate are bent on their partisan agendas that they are not seeing reality for what it is.

Rittenhouse was truly defending himself. Fact. Liberals need to accept this.

Rittenhouse put himself in a situation where he was violating the law. Fact. Conservatives need to accept this.

I trust the judge sees this reality too.

You’re allowed to have a rifle at 17 in Wisconsin if the barrel is a certain length which his gun was. The judge threw that count out against him today. it was legal for him to possess that firearm even the prosecutors admitted that.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
You’re allowed to have a rifle at 17 in Wisconsin if the barrel is a certain length which his gun was. The judge threw that count out against him today. it was legal for him to possess that firearm even the prosecutors admitted that.

Interesting. I just read that. Clever work by the defense, for sure. It's strange that the judge has on two previous occasions refused to accept that argument from the defense, but he did today on the defense's third attempt at making this argument. The judge said it's a poorly written statute.

" Prosecutors argued the defense was misreading the statute, and Schroeder had earlier twice declined to dismiss the charge. But the judge also had said the statute was confusing. After prosecutors conceded that the rifle was not short-barreled, Schroeder dismissed the charge. " - Apnews

CRC1276

CRC1276

VIP Member
Sep 10, 2015
If this kid doesn’t get acquitted on all charges this sets a very dangerous precedent. You can no longer defend yourself unless your on a certain team.

Why doesn’t Kyle have a medal pinned on his chest? He took out an actual CONVICTED child rapist. He physically raped and molested children. Why the fuck do we care about Rosenbaum? Anyone that supports BLM in this nation at this point is a sorry sack of pedo supporting shit. Losers in the streets already protesting saying their gay ass chant no justice no peace. Man people need jobs.

Anyway I have a feeling in my stomach that this Kyle kid is gonna get screwed. Too many pussies around. And I’m sure the jury is at least half leftist twits. Plus their already getting threats and have been getting doxxed. You all know how I feel about most Americans being weak these days. Most won’t stand up to what’s actually right.

I hope I’m wrong.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
You can't take a firearm across state lines? I do like every week...

And considering deer hunting opens this Saturday someone better tell all the FIBs to not come up here with their guns :p

The FBI drone footage coupled in time with the on-the-ground audio pretty dramatically shows Rittenhouse was violently attacked without provocation.

I

Iron1

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2021
You can't take a firearm across state lines? I do like every week...

It very much depends on the states in question.

I live in a state that requires a license and we not have reciprocity with any states surrounding me. For anyone in this state, you would be in violation if you took your licensed firearm across state lines to hunt where your license is not recognized. The opposite is true as well, other out of state licenses are not recognized here.

If you're traveling from one state to another where your license IS recognized as valid, they say you shouldn't stop anywhere in between for the same reason. Will it be enforced? Depends on why you're on LEO's radar in the first place. It's convoluted on purpose and needlessly dumb.

Last edited:
DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Are you talking about concealed carry? I have never heard of a gun license before for owning a gun in the U.S. I've flown with firearms even (checked).

And being in Wisconsin I know that there is no weapon licensing to posses a weapon and people bring their guns from all over to hunt here. There are rules specifying how they must be transported on public roads (unloaded, cased, out of reach [if no concealed carry permit]), but that's not the same as licensing. In hunting class they even warned us not to rest a loaded weapon on or against a car because if a cop feels like a jerk he can bust you.

Last edited:
I

Iron1

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2021
Are you talking about concealed carry? I have never heard of a gun license before for owning a gun in the U.S. I've flown with firearms even (checked).

And being in Wisconsin I know that there is no weapon licensing to posses a weapon and people bring their guns from all over to hunt here. There are rules specifying how they must be transported on public roads (unloaded, cased, out of reach [if no concealed carry permit]), but that's not the same as licensing. In hunting class they even warned us not to rest a loaded weapon on or against a car because if a cop feels like a jerk he can bust you.

No sir.

Here there are 3 levels of approved firearms ownership here. You cannot legally purchase or posses either firearms or ammunition without them.
  • Firearms identification card (sporting) - This permits you to purchase and own rifles and pistols with less than 10 rounds capacity and shotguns with less than 5 rd capacity
  • Firearms identification card (large capacity) - This permits you to purchase anything that's capable of accepting more than 10 rounds or shotguns over 5 rds but less than 8 that isn't considered a destructive device. Note, this state does not allow the sale of magazines over 10rds for any firearm. Also note, shotguns capable of holding more than 5 rounds have to be restricted to 5 rounds to be legal.
  • License to carry - This is your concealed carry permit, pistols only and still 10rds max capacity

Without one of those things, you cannot purchase/posses firearms or ammunition in any capacity. All legally purchased firearms must have their serial number registered to the state database along with the license number used to purchase it. That registration occurs at the point of sale by the FFL.

You'd shit a brick if you knew how restrictive it is here but I don't want to derail the thread.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic