Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Restart my life - Juice Cleanse advice

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Alright, so I think it's finally time for me to get this train back on the track. For a few of you that have known me for a long time, you have known I've been largely absent for the last year. Most of that can be attributed to a string of injuries that didn't want to get better. First I re-injured both my labrum and my UCL and a few weeks later was in a car accident. Luckily I had no broken bones in the car accident or internal damage, but the pain was still bad as I incurred a sciatic nerve injury and a hip flexor issue. Let me tell you, I forgot about the hip flexor and the arm issues when dealing with the sciatic nerve thing. I do not wish that on anyone.

Anyways, during this recovery I have become very defeated mentally and stopped going to the gym (because I couldn't) and took my frustrations out with a fork, gaining about 50 lbs of bad weight. I used to be 265 lbs around 12-14% BF and then cut to 225 and was very lean and happy by the time I got married. Needless to say this whole thing has been a humbling experience and now that I am expecting a baby girl in August, I want to be a healthy dad and set a good example for her. With that being said....

How many of you have ever done a juice cleanse of sorts? I have decided to go for it for sure but don't really know where to start. I have juiced before but never done a cleanse. I'm wondering if 3 days of pure juice is enough or if I should go longer. I don't want to hate myself any longer than I have to ;)

Also, a few "juicing" chains around me (as well as online retailers), namely Nektar, offer juice cleanse packages from 1-7 days. I'm sure going this route is a lot more expensive than buying your own, but it sure would save some time. Has anyone ever tried juicing a whole week's worth of drinks in one day? Is it still fresh after a few days? Any of you that have experience on this are welcome to chime in. Never thought I would ever be posting a thread like this but father time catches up with us all... sometimes a lot earlier than expected!

V

Vick

MuscleHead
Jun 13, 2012
Just fast and pray lol I feel your pain, been there done that.

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
My ex did the whole juice cleanse thing and while she did lose some weight from it it was t so much fat as much as it was water weight and emptying of the GI tract. There are a few books she bought on the topic, I'll see if I can remember the names, but they should have enough info for you to get going. She also tried the stuff from the chains and while they did taste pretty good and were convenient she paid NYC prices which were jacked the fukk up. If it were me if probably buy a juicer and do it myself. Doesn't take too long and you can put in the fruits/veggies you want.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
The problem with store bought juices is added sugars I do what I call detoxifying and do liquids fruits and veggies,for a week about once a year,fire up the juicer and my favorite concoction is, throw in a small tub of blueberries,half a hand full of black currants,couple of banana slices yummy ass shit,it will probly make you into beautiful women phucking machine who can go for hours, .like me so use with caution and Cilantro is the supposed king of heavy metal detox

Last edited:
F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
Try some of these recipes to make your own detox juices..........

Last edited:
monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Find some good kombucha, not sugar laden crap. Fast for a day or two, start the day with a glass water with half a lemon.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Juicing? Seriously? Your smarter than that. With all the knowledge u have u know better. Get off your ass and stop feeling sorry for yourself, get back into the gym and out of the local Taco Bell.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Thanks for all the help guys! I really appreciate it

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Juicing? Seriously? Your smarter than that. With all the knowledge u have u know better. Get off your ass and stop feeling sorry for yourself, get back into the gym and out of the local Taco Bell.

It ain't gonna become my life brother, lol. I'm specifically looking to do a short cleanse because I heard it gets you on the right track. And I am going to get back in the gym, or have already. All I have been able to do so far is light weight with very controlled movements. It sucks but I'm to the point where I'm going to start going up in weight. Worst thing ever would be to re-injure myself while getting back into the swing of things

But you're right... **** you Taco Bell!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010

He's looking for a cleanse to get the backup of gerbils out.

Keto and whatever cardio you can get in bro, don't need to lift to lose.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
He's looking for a cleanse to get the backup of gerbils out.

Keto and whatever cardio you can get in bro, don't need to lift to lose.

Thanks bro, was planning on doing a 3-4 day cleanse and then jumping into either Keto or IIFYM, haven't decided yet. Stuck doing elliptical and bike for now with the back issue, but hope to get on the treadmill soon

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic