Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Recovery for the advcanced and older athlete

Snachito

Snachito

Oct 8, 2010
I can't believe I didn't read this till now!! Anyways great thread AJ, I noticed that when I hit 40 (2 years ago) everything from training to even diet (I've become very carb sensitive) I had to change things around and even when I tried doing 4 weight training sessions a week I felt fatigued and I suffered from "overtraining sides" that Charles Poloquin wrote about!! Even with "assistance" I was still overtraining so I went to weight training 3x's a week and voila everything changed.

With diet I dropped my carbs in half and added EFA's to replace the carb calories and like magic everything seems to be working like a well oiled machine!!

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
great threat bro. couldnt agree with the "listen to your body" comments. i like to say i workout 4/1 but sometimes i slip that day off in there early depending on how i feel. sometimes i blast a muscle harder than normal and the next day i just need the rest. a day of rest is a million times better that a shitty workout cuz you were sore.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Bump for this thread great info- I think we can do less just because we get smarter LOL

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic