Latest Member
jacobss

Put 100lbs on your Squat in a Month?

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
J-Dub sorry for the side-track here:

Turbo SHEIKO is ridiculous volume. Its a 4 week program. Then you deload. Its suffering. You generally do run it forever though. You run 4 weeks a couple times a year. I ran it, Halo ran it and I think 400lb Gorilla ran it. You squat twice per week, bench twice per week, pull once... Plus accessories. Its hell.

Not a side-track at all brother... this was the exact conversation I hoped came out of the question

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
J-dub : if someone asked me to squat 100 lbs more in a month, I would get a single ply Inzer squat suit.

Nice! Im not sure what i would do but it would be a fun experiment if you could just take a month off from school-work-family and focus on just adding 100lb to a lift. I think i would probably Squat eod or 3 times a week and would to accessory work very other day. You'd have to go by feel I guess.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I remember watching a supertraining video on YouTube..... This was filmed I think a couple years ago. But they were squatting heavy twice a week. I think they only did it for a month. In the commentary during the video Mark specified something like " we're squatting heavy twice a week, but not more than a couple weeks". They were wearing I think either their briefs or squat suits during this phase.

I wish I could find the video. I'm not sure what year is was recorded in.

Last edited:
porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I squat twice a week... for sure it works.

Once geared and the second time raw for reps.... as far as adding 100lbs in a month - maybe for a newer lifter the volume will work but 100 lbs in a year for a top 10 geared lifter is an act of god - most guys are 20-50lbs give or take.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
I squat twice a week... for sure it works.

Once geared and the second time raw for reps.... as far as adding 100lbs in a month - maybe for a newer lifter the volume will work but 100 lbs in a year for a top 10 geared lifter is an act of god - most guys are 20-50lbs give or take.

Oh yeah... wasn't saying its realistic just wondering how you would train if you had to do it

U

Usealittle

Feb 15, 2012
i did smolov for 5 wks and got 65lbs on my squat and thats with squating 4x wk, on very little gear 300mg test with some dbol.

so i dont see how that could work....

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic