Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Put 100lbs on your Squat in a Month?

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
If someone put a gun to your head and said they would harm you or your family if you didn't put 100lb on your squat in a month... Would you still only Squat once a week?

We were having this discussion about work ethic and over-traning and it spun into the question above. I remember doing 2 a days in football or my first construction job.... after the first day you are shot but you keep showing up, you don't get to rest but you get stronger and better at that task anyway.

So seriously if you had to put a 100lbs on your squat in a month would you only train once a week?

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
I use to train squats twice a week. Now...once a week is good.

That said. Do I have to perform a Max lift to determine what my goal was or do I get to tell them! Are they (the someone with a gun to my head) with me 24/7 and are there a group of people?

I know..giving you sh*t but...relevant to the question!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I put 90lbs on my squat running Sheiko for 4 weeks.

Smolov would work too. Won't happen squatting once per week. You need a bigger work capacity

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
If you want to maximise a particular muscle growth, once a week obviously isn't going to be the best. It takes less than a whole week for a muscle to recover so if your trying to maximise one particular part, shouldn't you then train it as soon as its recovered instead of waiting for day 'x' to roll around again on the calender?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
If you want to maximise a particular muscle growth, once a week obviously isn't going to be the best. It takes less than a whole week for a muscle to recover so if your trying to maximise one particular part, shouldn't you then train it as soon as its recovered instead of waiting for day 'x' to roll around again on the calender?

We're talking poundage.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I put 90lbs on my squat running Sheiko for 4 weeks.

Smolov would work too. Won't happen squatting once per week. You need a bigger work capacity

I've read logs on both of those workouts. Didnt you post your sheiko log in your old training log in here? I remember reading someone's sheiko log on here, just not exactly sure who. But it's
A LOT of volume.

How can you recover for the next week if you are squatting twice a week though?

And how do you not get over trained or wear your CNS down?

Just asking, if it works I'd be open to try it.

Last edited:
bronco

bronco

Jun 22, 2012
My only family at home is my wife. If someone told me they would kill her if I didnt add 100 lbs to my squat in a month I would shoot myself in the knee, lol.

What!!! Wait a minute so what are you trying to say! Lol

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
My only family at home is my wife. If someone told me they would kill her if I didnt add 100 lbs to my squat in a month I would shoot myself in the knee, lol.

hahahahaha

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Haha... maybe it was a poor example Bigun

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I've read logs on both of those workouts. Didnt you post your sheiko log in your old training log in here? I remember reading someone's sheiko log on here, just not exactly sure who. But it's
A LOT of volume.

How can you recover for the next week if you are squatting twice a week though?

And how do you not get over trained or wear your CNS down?

Just asking, if it works I'd be open to try it.

J-Dub sorry for the side-track here:

Turbo SHEIKO is ridiculous volume. Its a 4 week program. Then you deload. Its suffering. You generally do run it forever though. You run 4 weeks a couple times a year. I ran it, Halo ran it and I think 400lb Gorilla ran it. You squat twice per week, bench twice per week, pull once... Plus accessories. Its hell.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Thanks pob that helps.... Id like to run it in the future..... But when I get ready ill make a thread. I have to research it a little more. See if I can find a PDF and get all the percentages.

J-dub : if someone asked me to squat 100 lbs more in a month, I would get a single ply Inzer squat suit.

Unequipped, I don't see how I could do that unless I started using a wasteful amount of gear.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic