Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Pullups/CHins

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I used to do pull ups but haven't since my shoulder injury. It is true though that most heavier guys don't do them be it PLers or BBers. When I used to do them (pre shoulder injury) I was heavy and people always thought it was impressive. Just work on it and in time they'll come. You can always use a band to help give assistance in the beginning.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
I like pullups. It took me a year to be able to do them without assistance. Now I have done up to 7 of them at a bodyweight of 175#. I use a hammer type grip as it really bothers my shoulders to do them wide with my hands pronated. But I can get 4 with a regular wide grip. When I get done training for my deadlifts I will revisit them :)

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
for those who are having problems with regular pullups do power rack pullups. Place the bar chest high in the power rack. Set a bench opposite the bar. grab the bar with a wide grip...placing your feet on the bench. Full extend your arms and pull up till your chest hits the bar. After doing these a while you'll be able to do regular pull ups.

I do have to admit though..I like the idea of jumping pullup and controlling it all the way down for a 3 sec count. One thing I really believe in is proper form and full range of motion.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic