Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Protein, carb, fat calculator or ?

Spectrum

Spectrum

Dec 16, 2010
Anybody know of a good site that makes getting a breakdown of protein, carbs, fat simpler ? Seems like there has to be a web resource that would simplify determining macro content of the foods we eat versus reading labels and trying to memorize the shit or scribbling it all down on paper.

Spectrum

Spectrum

Dec 16, 2010
Thanks for the links bro but not exactly what I'm hoping to find.

I'm thinking of something that would make it easy to know the macro content of specific foods.... As an example lets say I had a can of tuna on 2 slices of wheat bread with 1 slice of american cheese. Now that's an pretty easy example really cause I can check the labels on the 3 items but if I had 6 oz of chicken, 6 oz of rice with 1 teaspoon of butter and 3 boiled eggs (but only ate 1 1/2 yolks) it gets a little more complicated.

I see guys listing their meals out in journals with detailed macro content per meal and combined for the day...... Just thought maybe their was a resource that made the process a little easier.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
There are the following online tools:

fitday.com
livestrong.com
nutritiondata.com

If you have a smart phone, there are dozens of apps that are easy to use. I use Nutrition Menu on my iphone...

Here's a screen shot (keto)

1c7281a7.jpg

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
The livestrong database seems to have some strong inconsistencys...I use myfitnesspal and set my diet custom for calories and macro % for my daily goal and eat to fill this requirement. For the second meal listed I would add 1.5 boiled whole eggs, and 1.5 seeggs worth of egg whites, I likeb the app and barcode scanner plus after A week when you eat consistently you can just copy meals or have your common eats in your recents list and use the mulit add feature

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
nutritiondata seems to be the most accurate though if you have an iphone foodscanner is good and you can scan things with barcodes to get the data without having to type it.

upstatetank

upstatetank

Dec 7, 2012
agree w/ those recommending fitday.com...great resource fo sho

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic