Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Program vs. Instinctive Training

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
As I get older and more experience under my belt less is definetly more.

this is a definate thing for me as well. the older i get the more i change depending on what hurts and what doesnt. works well :D

J

Jake

Jun 23, 2011
I like following routines that I have put together my self, but I have had to change gyms a few times recently and due to lack of and change of equipment it is hard to stick to a routine so I have been training instinctively. But the thing that is most important to my training, is to never have a pre determined number of reps. I will set a rep range like high reps or low reps, but will always do as many as I can, some people have a habit of stopping at 12 even if they can do more because that's what the piece of paper says.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Why not just increase the weight Jake?

J

Jake

Jun 23, 2011
Why not just increase the weight Jake?

Its never that much more, not enough to effect weight, say if I were bent over rowing 135 and the routine said 8 reps but I could do 9 or 10 i would make sure I hit failure.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Its never that much more, not enough to effect weight, say if I were bent over rowing 135 and the routine said 8 reps but I could do 9 or 10 i would make sure I hit failure.
Gotcha. Welcome BTW :)

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I like following routines that I have put together my self, but I have had to change gyms a few times recently and due to lack of and change of equipment it is hard to stick to a routine so I have been training instinctively. But the thing that is most important to my training, is to never have a pre determined number of reps. I will set a rep range like high reps or low reps, but will always do as many as I can, some people have a habit of stopping at 12 even if they can do more because that's what the piece of paper says.

I think that is an excellent point... Especially for a beginner who doesn't really know how much weight can he upright row or whatever... Good post bro ;)

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010

I just wanted to emphasize something. When it comes to powerlifting and olympic lifting those numbers are -everything-, the human body works in specific and very predictable ways. For bodybuilding, it's not as important.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic