Probably the biggest balls of anyone on youtube

cappicard

cappicard

Dec 18, 2011
"A clean pair for Mr. Savage, please!"

Stude

Stude

Jul 31, 2011
My brothers were some of the first hang glider pilots but this is insane! Id do it if i was younger.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
as crazy as that vid was, it actually seemed pretty peaceful and serene while he was gliding like that. cool shit

Stude

Stude

Jul 31, 2011
He was probably doing 150 mph! I guess scary serene.lol

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
He was probably doing 150 mph! I guess scary serene.lol

I read somewhere terminal velocity which i guess is how fast you can fall? I think it was around 180 ish mph? I cant guarantee that was from a credible source though.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
I read somewhere terminal velocity which i guess is how fast you can fall? I think it was around 180 ish mph? I cant guarantee that was from a credible source though.

terminal velocity is the speed at which you can no longer accelerate, position is everything. For a normal person we were taught (and this is for skydiving, HAHO and HALO are different as is this) it's about 120mph but vertical position can increase that 30mph or so. The altitude (atmosphere conditions). weight and surface area covered also impact it. Figuring out a velocity curve for something like this is near impossible without some missing data like height he jumped from, weight etc. even then factoring in the birdman suit would be pretty hard.

In short, not 150 or 180 mph.

Last edited:
crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
terminal velocity is the speed at which you can no longer accelerate, position is everything. For a normal person we were taught (and this is for skydiving, HAHO and HALO are different as is this) it's about 120mph but vertical position can increase that 30mph or so. The altitude (atmosphere conditions). weight and surface area covered also impact it. Figuring out a velocity curve for something like this is near impossible without some missing data like height he jumped from, weight etc. even then factoring in the birdman suit would be pretty hard.

In short, not 150 or 180 mph.

Well there goes my non credible sources claim lol. Either way...fucking fast!

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
ya it's probably from 40-60mph from what I've read (had to look into it as this shits crazy).

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
Looks AWESOME and would love to do that !!!

Speed is awesome and the adrenaline rush must be INSANE !

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic