Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Powerlifting training routine

griply

griply

Dec 11, 2011
need help making a routine that i can fit in and around school. I also need a basic suppliment stack or layout of recommendations? I have time to weightlift 1st class of the day and football weightlifting after school (pretty much do whatever you want). Have to attend a powerlifting competition in march 2012 any ideas?
Height: 5ft 8in
weight:208lbs.
Body fat: 18%

F

FitnessFreek

Dec 11, 2011
Not really into powerlifting but GUYS at TID that can probably point you in the right direction. As for supps, I would stick to the normal multivitamin, fish oil, creatine, and whey protein..maybe a pre WO too.

Last edited by a moderator:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Not really into powerlifting but the DOODS at TID that can probably point you in the right direction. As for supps, I would stick to the normal multivitamin, fish oil, creatine, and whey protein..maybe a pre WO too.

Nice of you to point him in that direction... We have member logs and an entire forum for powerlifting... And they're right here on theironden.com :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Growinboy

Growinboy

MuscleHead
Sep 25, 2010
Check the PL forum and read some stuff... Several top guys here... PM me if you want- Im actually promoting a comp in March- should have a couple world champs there...

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
need help making a routine that i can fit in and around school. I also need a basic suppliment stack or layout of recommendations? I have time to weightlift 1st class of the day and football weightlifting after school (pretty much do whatever you want). Have to attend a powerlifting competition in march 2012 any ideas?
Height: 5ft 8in
weight:208lbs.
Body fat: 18%

Your training without a team Powerlifting team and your playing ball I suggest a 5x5 program and I have a real nice one I altered.

Bill Star 5x5 Download Excel Sheet

Monday

Squat as program says

Bench as program says

Row as program says

Assistance: 3 sets of weighted Hypers, GHR or Reverse Hypers and weighted Abs 3 to 4 sets

Wednesday

No Squatting 2x a week is plenty

Military or other shoulder work as program says

Deadlift as program says every 3 weeks on the other weeks do GM's or other Deadlift variatios for 8's to 12's in reps for 4 sets.

Assistance: 4 sets of Rear Delts and 2 to to 3 sets of Curls

Friday

Squat as program says

Heavy Tricep work like Close Grip bench, Close Grip Floor Press, Skull Crushers (Pick one and hit it hard) do it 5x5 or 4 sets of 8 to 12

Rows as program says

Assistance: 3 sets of weighted Hypers, GHR or Reverse Hypers and weighted Abs 3 to 4 sets

griply

griply

Dec 11, 2011
Ok thanks purchased a few suppliments : creatine monohydrate, l-glutamine, universal animal pak, and carnivore protein powder. started loading phase of creatine today starting off 25grams after the first 7 days reducing down to 10 grams for 5 weeks.

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
If you are lifting for football also u should check with ur strength coach or coach first before attempting another program. Just my thoughts.

On another note there is a lot of programs 5/3/1 is a great program with a structure to help acheive ur goals. What do ur lofts look like now?

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
Auto correct got me again. What are ur 1RM on the 3 lifts

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic