Threads
Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter

Powerlifting: The Mentality

JOMO

JOMO

Jul 5, 2012
Sick Video! When the solo really kicks in I wanted to headbutt Satan!!

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Sorry for my 3rd post today in here but I let the commentary alone play during a few sets today....fkn incredible rush!!

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
That shits ****ing sic. those dudes are beasts stuck in beast mode 24/7. I put up 460 on bench yesterday, after only 2 months back, working my way back up to my PR of 485 and beyond. Not only did that dude repping 495 like it was nothing make me feel like a bitch, but this video gave me a good spark to start pushing myself harder in the gym and start going much heavier again, and to stop holding back.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
as I've always stated..Powerlifting is an addiction. Watching that video I found myself visualizing the arch in my back as I drove throw my heals to get the squat up! Gets the blood boiling and my senses aroused. F-U and F-your elbow is a true statement. I use the same approach in my everyday life as well. When told I can't do something or shouldn't. You can bet your *ss I will find away to and improve on it!

Thank you for the motivation PoB....wasn't feelin 100% today but after seeing this..F-it. What the F*** do I have to whine about. I'm golden!

I will watch this and it gets my heart racing. Instant adrenaline rush. I just converted this to an MP3 so I can bring with me to my meet next weekend :D

That shits ****ing sic. those dudes are beasts stuck in beast mode 24/7. I put up 460 on bench yesterday, after only 2 months back, working my way back up to my PR of 485 and beyond. Not only did that dude repping 495 like it was nothing make me feel like a bitch, but this video gave me a good spark to start pushing myself harder in the gym and start going much heavier again, and to stop holding back.

You have some very good numbers Red. Squatting and Benching in the 600's too. Whats your weight again? I think you'd be very competitive on a powerlifting platform. Seriously consider competing. A lot of Veteran competitors right here to help you figure shit out. I'm coming up on my second meet and whenever I have a question, they're always there.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
You have some very good numbers Red. Squatting and Benching in the 600's too. Whats your weight again? I think you'd be very competitive on a powerlifting platform. Seriously consider competing. A lot of Veteran competitors right here to help you figure shit out. I'm coming up on my second meet and whenever I have a question, they're always there.

I wish I was benching in the 600s, but that was my dead lift. I weigh 240 right now and decently lean. I have been knocking around the idea of at least giving a power lifting meet a shot, just to see where I stand.

Last edited:
Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Wow red, 400 plus bench at 240?!

Dude you are big time competitive. You would do real well in a meet.

How long did it take you to get a 485 bench? If you don't mind me asking.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
I wish I was benching in the 600s, but that was my dead lift. I weigh 240 right now and decently lean. I have been knocking around the idea of at least giving a power lifting meet a shot, just to see where I stand.

I hope you do brother, you'd do well I bet

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic