Threads
Members
Latest Member
Nickobat

Powerlifting Nutrition

J

jute

Dec 22, 2010
Thanks for all the insight. I think what Im getting at is that I believ me body is comfortable at 250-260. For bodybuilding I bust ass for 16 weeks to get to low 200-210, With that said, for powerlifting do I come down to 242lb class of eat my way into 275lb class?

You have to remember.. You want to be as light as you can but still maintain your strenght.. I come down from 194 to compete at 181.. Ill weigh in then start adding my weight back on.. Usually by noon im back up to 187. I really dont "diet" down perse.. I waterload and let the water do its job.. My last meet I was 194 on monday. Friday evening i was still 187. Woke up saturday morning to weigh in and was at 180.5 By using water im not taking away any strength. Once I weigh in, I hit up waffle house or bob evans and eat some good ole salty food. You can also jump in a hot bath with some epsom salts and let the water absorb and put some weight back on that way.

deep

deep

TID Lady Member
Apr 27, 2012
I came from body building to powerlifting, and diet adjustment was hard, ended up out of my weight category and jogging in a garbage bag to drop water weight before comp. Now I stick to clean carbs and lean meats,bad idea to go crazy with the junk as I found out.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Just remember in PLing you're not eating to look good on stage. You're eating to perform on the platform. That being said you don't have to be a fat POS.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic