Threads
Members
Latest Member
Nickobat

Powerlifting Nutrition

mass_chaos

mass_chaos

Feb 5, 2012
Ok, so I come from a bodybuilding background and recently made the decision to get into powerlifting. When bodybuilding, I always followed the mindset of: You can have a bad day in the gym but you can not have a bad day in your diet. Does this hold true with powerlifting? I know the diets are different but is the diet just as important?

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011

Yep, that's pretty much it....

Some guys go nuts with it and make a sport out of eating oreos. Even though I compete SHW and eat a metric shit-ton I do eat pretty clean. Meat and veggies mostly. After training is the one tie I really unleash the war-hammer on pizza and buffet food. After a big training session it's all about packing in the nutrients and resting. 90% of the time though it's all about eating as many clean calories as possible.

OR... start by taking all 8 of your regular bodybuilding meals, squishing them together in to 4 larger meals, rolling them in flour and deep frying the whole thing in olive oil. 220-308 in 48 hours....

Last edited by a moderator:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
This thread is makin me wanna jump into powerlifting lol

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Come on POB you know you wanna eat brother!!! :D

I'm also a believer in the Milk GOMAD program Gallon of Milk a Day it does the body good!

J

jute

Dec 22, 2010
I eat everything under the sun.. I eat my biggest meal before going to bed... Nothing like a 6 pack of Klondikes to help you sleep..

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
unlike Halo, i hate the GOMAD thing lol, but i have a slight lactose intolerance so a gallon of milk a day.... well it would definitely not look or smell pretty in my house :))

i am enjoying powerlifting. i dont eat so much i start getting "fat" but i definitely eat more than when i was more into the bodybuilding mindset. now, i just need to get in on a competition sometime soon!

mass_chaos

mass_chaos

Feb 5, 2012
Thanks for all the insight. I think what Im getting at is that I believ me body is comfortable at 250-260. For bodybuilding I bust ass for 16 weeks to get to low 200-210, With that said, for powerlifting do I come down to 242lb class of eat my way into 275lb class?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Thanks for all the insight. I think what Im getting at is that I believ me body is comfortable at 250-260. For bodybuilding I bust ass for 16 weeks to get to low 200-210, With that said, for powerlifting do I come down to 242lb class of eat my way into 275lb class?

Your numbers in the big three are really strong bro, so you could go either way. What you need to do is determine what you want. If you really want to hit big numbers raw, start eating huge and move up to 275. If you are willing to live with maintaining or even losing a few pounds on your total, then cut to the 242 class. All up to you.

mass_chaos

mass_chaos

Feb 5, 2012
Your numbers in the big three are really strong bro, so you could go either way. What you need to do is determine what you want. If you really want to hit big numbers raw, start eating huge and move up to 275. If you are willing to live with maintaining or even losing a few pounds on your total, then cut to the 242 class. All up to you.

Thanks man. I see now that I am going to REALLY LOVE this place!!!

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Thanks man. I see now that I am going to REALLY LOVE this place!!!

It's a good vibe on this forum, for sure....

As for competing... don't worry about weight classes at first, unless there is a record you are gunning for. Nobody will set the world on fire their first meet, just go out and have fun, try to put up some PR's and you can decide from there.... lots of good meets across the country coming up in the next few months.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic