Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Powerlifting Diet

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
How much do you weigh J-dub ? Body fat percentage ? Height ?

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
I'm just under 200lbs right now. 5'9" I'm not sure of my BF but it's pretty low, I have abs. When I was cycling I used to walk around between 230-240lbs. I got hurt over a year ago and haven't really been "on" since. The idea was to get back up to a lean(ish) 230-240 and compete at 220lbs but I'm starting to think 198 or lower might be a better route.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I think you should just go where your body wants you to. Keep the calories coming in. Whatever weight you get to I would just stay there. As long as you are getting stronger.

Just take it slow, and see how it goes.

I've been dealing with the whole weight thing for a while. I used to walk around at 230, but it was hard for me to hold myself there. My body wanted me to be heavier. Where it is now at 265.

Just my thoughts. As long as your having fun.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
I am having fun and you are right that is the main thing. It is funny how our bodies just have a weight they seem to want to be at.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
CT Fletcher would eat 3 burgers, 3 fries, and 3 apple pies everyday after training and it put him in the hospital and ended his powerlifting career.

I just meant post workout... If he's losing 10lbs from a deadlift session (probably water btw) then go bloat the **** up and re-feed on a very high calorie meal after. I don't think that would be too bad. You could do high cals without the chems and preservatives that McD's may have and make it at home with 85% ground beef and some buns.

But c'mon. We all know the solution to the problem. How many times do we see a new guy (not calling you a noob j-dub) say that they just can't get past xxx weight no matter what they eat???

Some force feeds would absolutely help. Check out Clint Darden on extreme eating. He'll tell you to buy a cake every few days. Have a slice of cake with every meal. Put cream cheese on everything you eat. And every week have a force feeding of a carb meal, a protein/fat meal and a veggie meal depending on goals.

There are so many different avenues to take but it all leads to just plain old eating more.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Lol... I'm not eating cake with every meal. I think you are missing the point of my post. I have been up to 240lbs at 5'9" before but I was eating McDonalds and fast food several times a day. I was just wondering if anyone had any specific advice on eating. I'm not really worried about being a certain weight, more worried about continuing to gain strength and concerned about they way my bodyweight swings. BI hit it on the head... I don't want to end up in the hospital because I'm eating like shit.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I know what works for me and that's cycling. I not only cycle my carbs but I also cycle my protein and fats. I have High, Med, and Low Days. I don't believe in No Days (no carb days). On a High Day it's high carbs, low protein, low fats. Med Day is med all 3, and Low Day is high protein, high fat, and low carb. I also throw in cheat meals probably 3x week. I don't deprive myself but I'm also not glutenous.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
If just gaining weight without getting unhealthy is your goal then you have lots of options. At 5'9" you could easily go as heavy as 242, but I've got guys on my team that height who are a solid 275.....

For straight weight gain:

Start adding coconut oil in between meals. I use a gum-ball sized scoop in my cheek with each cup of coffee in the morning. If you can handle eating it straight try it through the afternoon too.
Add heavy whipping cream to EVERYTHING.... it's great in a diet root beer if you're watching your carbs. Cream and egg whites go in every shake I make.

Just that is an easy 500 calories a day added.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Mar 31, 2011
I'll second carb backloading. It might not going to get you bodybuilding lean, but it did help me drop 20 pounds and see my abs for the first time in years, while either increasing or at least maintaining all my lifts. I'm now on track to do my next competition at a lower weight class while hitting PR's in all three lifts. Plus it's the most enjoyable diet I've ever tried. If you want more info let me know.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic