Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz

Powerlifting and Bodybuilding

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
I was doing calves late tonight at my gym and between sets noticed a copy of "Power" magazine was laying out. Not familiar with it but paged through and saw an article on Stan "Rhino" Efferdiing. I read a little about him and most on here probably already know about him. He is both a Powerlifter and Bodybuilder. He has been successful in both. I didn't know the two world's really crossed but I guess they do.
I'm a bodybuilder but almost all my friends are powerlifters. I just thought it was great someone could move back and forth like that.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Definitely man!

I think the two sports are related because to build your physique foundation you do typical power lifting movements.

BUT, for powerlifting, when you do your assistance work, you do it with a body building focus.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I have that issue, was lucky enough got it signed by Stan. He's a cool guy :D

Stan.jpg

He trains his calves too!

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Definitely man!

I think the two sports are related because to build your physique foundation you do typical power lifting movements.

BUT, for powerlifting, when you do your assistance work, you do it with a body building focus.
I'm learning. Thanks Turbo!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
The do co-exist but it's hard to do well in both which is why most choose one or the other. Many bbers do PLer routines in the offseason but their objectives are very different. One is all about numbers ie. strength in 3 lifts. The other is all about symmetry, proportion, and aesthetics.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic