Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter

Power lifting is hard.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
GS Right now you have a job to do and should be solely focused on one thing ,that being getting in the condition of your life . I doubt any of the experienced Powerlifters would be attempting 1 rep max under your current conditions so neither should you , save that stuff for after you show when you feel great and are full of food ready to grow again . Hate to be the party pooper but it seems to me like an invitation to get injured especially as it's not something you usually do .

Indeed you are right. My old lady gave me hell for this. But you know when you get that feeling... that you just have to try it... just to know you can. So now I can move past it. Big risk for little reward but needed to be done.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Let me clear it up. MiniForklift, I appreciate your talents, but please stop justifying the things you do with excuses such as "I'm a vegan" and "I only weigh 6 stone" and "I run 200km at a time"..
I never mentioned ANYTHING in my post about running or my diet, so I'm not sure why you would bring that up other than to get another cheap dig in at me. FWIW my running and lifting are separate, I don't do both at the same time.

Keep up the good work GS, your total is a solid number and you should do pretty well at your competition.

Last edited:
SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I never mentioned ANYTHING in my post about running or my diet, so I'm not sure why you would bring that up other than to get another cheap dig in at me. FWIW my running and lifting are separate, I don't do both at the same time.

Keep up the good work GS, your total is a solid number and you should do pretty well at your competition.

It's not directed at your one post. It's the compilation. That post about your 3x bodyweight deadlift and challenging people to question it because you have proof was just the icing. And your signature says it all.

Did you miss the part where I acknowledged your accomplishments? It's not a cheap dig if I give props and then criticize a problem I have with you. The cheap digs on you would be plentiful if I decided to go that route, as they would most certainly be for a big-bellied PLer such as myself. I figure we can dislike each other without resorting to that.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I don't see why we have to dislike each other, there's honestly nobody on this board I dislike and that's why I'm here and not fighting it out with idiots on other boards.

I respect you for what you have achieved, I respect your knowledge and I respect talent at lifting (I have ZERO natural talent, I'm just work hard and I'm stubborn). I ain't changing my signature though, that's who I am and what I do.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
GS for someone not following a PL program I think your numbers are very good your total is 6 times your bodyweight... pretty f'n good

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Awesome pull Giant.

Just my opinion but pulling 400 pounds is a huge achievement.

Good luck on your show man!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic