Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter

Power lifting is hard.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I am by no means a PLer. BBer to the core. I decided to max out on my dead lift yesterday. Haven't done that in over a year. I did hit a new PR. I sumo DLed 415x1 163lbs. How does this stack up against PLers of the same weight? Is a sumo dead easier than a standard dead? I do them sumo due to a back injury.

The aftermath... My herniated disc between L4 L5 is aggravated. Me left rear delt is pulled. And my left knee is a bit sore. My hams also cramped up like crazy as I laid down to sleep. **** PLing. You guys are crazy. Much respect.

Superman

Superman

VIP Member
Aug 28, 2012
I've seen alot of 165 guys getting in the 550-600 pound range, and then they have a terrible bench to go along with it. I saw one 165 guy hit a 675.

You don't want to just up and hit a max without training for it. Next time you go to hit a single rep PR, do 3 weeks of powerlifting structured workouts to get your tendons, joints, and CNS ready for it. Not only will you be stronger for it, but there is less chance of injury as well. IMHO bodybuilding is harder than powerlifting because the training is boring as ****, and the dieting is tedious. I love hot pockets.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Personally I think Sumo is easier due to the fact that you have less ROM to pull through, but I don't take anything anyway from people that choose to pull that way.

Good lift buddy, especially if you aren't a powerlifter. FWIW my raw PB is 418 at 139bw. I'd been chasing a 3xbw deadlift for about two years before I got that (I can post the video if anyone doubts that, it was done at an IPF meet in Dec 2012) :D

Superman

Superman

VIP Member
Aug 28, 2012
Personally I think Sumo is easier due to the fact that you have less ROM to pull through, but I don't take anything anyway from people that choose to pull that way.

Good lift buddy, especially if you aren't a powerlifter. FWIW my PB is 418 at 139bw. I'd been chasing a 3xbw deadlift for about two years before I got that.

Stop making everybody else feel bad MF... Not everybody can lift 15x body weight... Just saying !!!

J/k MF is elite status.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
My squat a few days ago was 325. Haven't maxed on bench yet this year but last year was 295. Add my 415 dead and that makes my total 1035 @ 163lbs. Is that on par? (feel like I could squat more but the rack at my gym is so low that if I failed I would get crushed.)

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Stop making everybody else feel bad MF... Not everybody can lift 15x body weight... Just saying !!!

J/k MF is elite status.
Hahahaha, far from it. I wish!

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I in no way am saying pl isn't hard. It is. GS try strongman training for a week.
To give credit though I'd eat a persons face off try to do a bb diet

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I in no way am saying pl isn't hard. It is. GS try strongman training for a week.
To give credit though I'd eat a persons face off try to do a bb diet

:) Yeah, I'm at 6% bf right now. Comp is in 7 1/2 week. I dream about Oreos. 530 am cardio still sleeping. Tuna is a beverage. No one talks to me at work anymore. LOL!!!!!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
My squat a few days ago was 325. Haven't maxed on bench yet this year but last year was 295. Add my 415 dead and that makes my total 1035 @ 163lbs. Is that on par? (feel like I could squat more but the rack at my gym is so low that if I failed I would get crushed.)

That's a respectable total for that weight.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Strength is not linear. Could go on and on, but suffice to say that if you are proud of what you accomplished, then just say it. I know women that pull over 300 pounds and they are under 140. Does that mean that they could pull 800 if they were 300 pounds? No. There isn't a woman in the world, and never will be, that can deadlift 800 pounds. Hawthorne can deadlift 5x his bodyweight. That's awesome, but it doesn't mean that he's stronger than Benedikt Magnussen. Benedikt would have to deadlift 1700 pounds if strength was linear.

Rant over. Just stop feeling the need to justify your lifts with excuses.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Congrats on your deadlift. Sumo or conventional it doesn't matter. All that matters is your making progress each and every year.

Watch out or you may get bit by the iron bug. It can be quite addictive.

beast

beast

May 19, 2011
I have done 2 strongman shows and have trained powerlifting for the most part until the summer of 2011. My wife talked me into a bodybuilding show. I fell in love with it but I am about to go back just so I can eat what and when I want! Atlas stones are my favorite! But doing a posing routine is pretty awesome too!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic