Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Poor squat

superman001jrt

superman001jrt

Apr 9, 2013
Thanks for the advice guys much appreciated.

Im making sure my carbs and protien come from good souces first and if im still hungry i'll have a snack but i'll try to avoid the junk unless its a cheat meal.

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
And in reality when you get there squating more x per week will help with DOMS from squating

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Doesn't have to be junk man.....I don't eat fast food at all. But I take in almost 5k cals/day on most days and I'm 14% or so BF (which is high for me, but I'm bulking).

I love mashed potatoes, pasta, chicken, hamburg, turkey, steak, tuna, veggies, eggs, milk etc....eat that everyday.....once again I don't do fast food at all.....but I fkn love PIZZA!!!

I don't think you're at 3k personally.....try running a log with your food updates so some of the other vets can chime in also.

EAT!!!

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I forgot to mention ive only been squatting about 3 weeks, due to an ankle injury and rotator cuff injuries ive just been using the leg press for leg training.

Forgot to mention my height, im 5'7 and generally 160-165lbs and have found that if I gain weight its usually around the mid section and find im not putting on any more lean mass when I go above 165lbs.

I take in about 3000 calories per day over 5 meals.

What are your goals weight and size wise? Do you have a fast metabolism?

I didn't get the chance to go into that with him....good post Turbo....he needs volume right now.

Thanks man. Food and reps is where it's at ! Took me a while to understand that.

I wish I had realized how important reps are two years ago.

My squat and dead lift would be so much better.

superman001jrt

superman001jrt

Apr 9, 2013
Im 31 years old and would say my motabolism is about normal, its got a bit faster since switching to 5 meals a day rather than 3-4.

My goal is not to get much bigger than I am now, maybe 170lbs but at about 10% bodyfat rather than the 14% im at now.

The ultimate goal is just to get stronger really as im under no illusions as to my genetic potential and have tried to clean bulk many times and everytime I go past 165lbs I just seem to gain fat.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Make sure you're squatting correctly. That comes first. Don't be training yourself to squat incorrectly.

Check out the EliteFTS so you think you can squat series on the yewtoobs

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Super, you feel like writing your diet out?

To drop 4% bf is gonna probably bring your body weight down to around 158. So if you diet down a little you can get to your goal bf, then bulk back up to 165.

Just a thought.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
The diet advice is good, but it's missing the point.

I've coached guys your size in to squatting 400+ raw at 165.
From the point you're at that took them 3 years of squatting like a bodybuilder ( and training like one) and another year of working with me once a week on their squat and deadlift.
Heck, when I started I weighed what you weigh at over 6 foot.

You need to learn how to squat first, then you need to do it like your life depended on it for a few years. If you've only been at it 3 weeks then of course it's going to suck.
Once a week is fine, for now. But make that once a week count, not just 3 sets and off to calf raise..... warm up then do 10 sets above 80% of your max in the 3-5 rep range. Don't max out until form comes naturally.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
You need more time under the bar. If you have any video of yourself squatting, post it and let us check out your form and technique. If those two are wrong and get adjusted, the weight will start to pile up for ya. Uphills post made me hungry, I am off to get a mcgriddle.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
You need more time under the bar. If you have any video of yourself squatting, post it and let us check out your form and technique. If those two are wrong and get adjusted, the weight will start to pile up for ya. Uphills post made me hungry, I am off to get a mcgriddle.

A mcgriddle? "A"???

Breakfast yesterday: 5 sausage egg biscuits, 6 hash browns.

Dat blood pressure. I'm still bloated lol

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
A mcgriddle? "A"???

Breakfast yesterday: 5 sausage egg biscuits, 6 hash browns.

Dat blood pressure. I'm still bloated lol

5 sausage and egg biscuits :t2991: I did throw in 3 hash browns. I could do 2, 5 would have me puking. Hollow leg of balance!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic