Votes: 20 69.0%
  • I'd rather take tbol or drol

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Do y'all notice significant strength increases when doses are taken split up evenly throughout a workout day?

How is the increase compared to just taking one full dose preworkout?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Why do you believe your workout will be better if you take an oral prior to the workout?

I understand that my question is why he think's having the hormone level peak during his workout is the most beneficial use of the drug.

I promised you that I had done my research and have strong viewpoints about this subject, so what I am about to say is by no means an excuse or way to backtrack.

The exact mechanisms by which steroids in general increase strength and muscle mass are not known. That's right, the EXACT mechanisms are not known. We're pretty close to having a definitive answer, but as of right now it is down to hypothesis about what happens at the cellular level. With that said, there is one study that I've seen that does a pretty good job answering why, anecdotally, we feel like we have better strength gains, and workouts in general, when we pound some orals before-hand.

Here's a couple excerpts that I pulled out for you, along with the link to the full article.

Mechanisms of action
Anabolic steroids are thought to exert their actions by several different mechanisms. These mechanisms include modulating androgen receptor expression as a consequence of (i) intracellular metabolism and by (ii) directly affecting the topology of the androgen receptor and thus subsequent interaction with co-activators and transcriptional activity. Other mechanisms include (iii) an anticatabolic effect by interfering with glucocorticoid receptor expression; and (iv) by non-genomic, as well as by genomic pathways, in the CNS resulting in behavioural changes. These mechanisms are discussed herein.

As an adjunct, much of the physiological importance of non-genomic actions of androgens is still to be elucidated, not least with respect to androgen-induced cell-cycle progression. The induction of second messenger signal transduction cascades by steroids commonly occurs within seconds to a few minutes, in contrast to genomic activity of the classic steroid receptors that takes 30–60min. Regarding androgens, several non-genomic mechanisms appear to be involved, including mediation by the membrane-bound sex hormone-binding globulin receptor and also a putative G-protein-coupled receptor that androgens directly bind with, as well as through stimulation of nonreceptor tyrosine kinase c-SRC. The complexity of these mechanisms is described in detail elsewhere (Cato et al., 2002; Heinlein and Chang, 2002a; Losel et al., 2003). Ultimately, gene transcription may be modulated by these ‘non-genomic' pathways but a well-recognized exception is the rapid elevation of calcium ion influx by a pathway that is confined to the cytoplasm. It is not currently known whether non-genomic actions of androgens at physiological concentrations are important in skeletal muscle growth, let alone what the non-genomic effects may be evoked by the administration of anabolic steroids. For the sake of brevity, this review will only very briefly touch again on non-genomic pathways under ‘Behavioural Effects' (see the section ‘Behavioural mechanisms').

Behavioural mechanisms

The behavioural effects of androgens/anabolic steroids in men and women, including those concerning sexual behaviour, cognitive abilities, aggression and mood, have been reviewed by Lukas (1996), Christiansen (2001, 2004) and Kuhn (2002) and are also discussed in the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) Research Monographs (Katz and Pope, 1990; Svare, 1990; Yesalis et al., 1990). Androgens are critical to the human male sexual behaviour and they can also enhance female sexual desire and arousal. Testosterone appears to play an important role in cognitive functioning, such as attention and alertness, memory and spatial skills, although based on the conclusions of a limited number of studies. With respect to mood, there are significantly positive correlations of endogenous androgen concentrations with a sense of well-being and joyfulness, and negative correlations with depression and anxiety. Major mood syndromes can arise with anabolic steroid use, including mania or hypomania (mania of a mild type) during exposure and depressive symptoms during steroid withdrawal (Pope and Katz, 1994). Anabolic steroid administration is also associated with increased aggression, especially in high-dose users, but this is not a foregone certainty given that the interaction between androgens and behaviour in men and women is complex. It is an entirely reasonable hypothesis that the athlete may learn to recognize and harness the increase in aggression that can arise with steroid use to help drive their training and increase their competitiveness (Brooks, 1978). Furthermore, male athletes who administer anabolic steroids and then withdraw just before competition in anticipation of a drug test may then experience (in the author's opinion) a lack of motivation and possibly depression, because they will be in a state of androgen deficiency, taking time for testicular steroidogenesis to recover. In an effort to avoid this problem, it is possible that some athletes may switch to using fairly small doses of short half-life formulations of testosterone for replacement purposes in the hope that, at the time of collection of their sample for drug testing, the urinary testosterone/epitestosterone ratio will be below the WADA reporting threshold of 4.

Clark and Henderson (2003) have summarized the literature with respect to the effects of anabolic steroids on the neural circuits that underlie behavioural effects; their review focusing on animal models and steroid exposure that mimic human abuse regimes. Androgen receptors mediate the effects of anabolic steroids in the mammalian brain; the expression of progestogen and oestrogen receptors may also be affected. Non-genomic pathways are important too, the best-characterized example being the allosteric modulation of GABAA receptor function by anabolic steroids, possibly through a putative binding site for anabolic steroids residing within the transmembrain domain of the receptor. Induction of aggression by anabolic steroids appears to overlap with neural circuits underlying the regulation of aggression by endogenous androgens, these being systems utilizing GABA, serotonin and arginine vasopressin.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2439524/

Keep in mind that I don't blindly trust and follow articles OR broscience, but rather a combo of the two in whatever ratio works for me. From a broscience perspective, it's rarely questioned whether or not a decent dose, preworkout, will increase the workout's intensity and total efficacy.

Last edited:
oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
d-bol, my absolute favorite!!!....every single day while on. wish it could be taken every ****ing day of the year!

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Thanks SAD the most compelling part of this article is the increased aggression during a workout I've often wondered if thats just psychosomatic or a real result from the drug. Not that it would really matter either way. I've tried running dbol just about every way I can think of and I prefer to take it all at once everyday but i've taken it the way you described as well and I have tried it post workout too and to be honest each way was very close to the same results. Also I have to take in to account that Im not getting my dbol from a legit pharmacy and have never truly known the exact dose/strength of the drug when I've run it. But until the science actually supports a protocol I'll just take it everyday.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
If I was taking an oral (back when I did) I took it everyday and not just the days I was training.

Last edited:
graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I'll gladly swim upstream on this one, but consider yourselves warned. I have strong views on this subject.

You can't even begin to hope to maintain consistent levels of dbol, so that point goes right out the window. It's my belief that your stable hormone levels (whether or not you want them COMPLETELY stable is a whole other debate) should come from your injectables. Your orals would best be served to fuel workouts and the recovery process during the hours after said workout, especially if you're a powerlifter or other strength athlete. If you're taking orals for looks, I've got nothing for ya.

You can extend the duration of which you can safely run a given oral, and increase the preworkout dosage, by taking preworkout only on workout days only. Don't feel like you're reaping the benefits of increased protein/nitrogen synthesis? Then bump your test up. But using an oral for "consistent" increases in protein/nitrogen synthesis is like trying to drive a semi-truck cross-country with a gas tank the size of a 5-hour-energy.

As with everything else (when I'm not in a heated debate and have lost sight of temperance) I say experiment and see for yourself. You don't have to agree with me, but don't knock it unless you've tried it and didn't like it. So instead of taking 40mg per day, every day, in 4 even doses throughout the day, try 60mg preworkout on workout days only, and see if you don't have some great workouts. After all, recovery is great, but you have to have something to recover from and a killer workout is better than a marginal workout.

I recently had to drop dbol because of my bp issues. It's always been a favorite, so when I read this I said wth. Im now running 30 mg's the lil blue ones:p a good hour before workout days only for a couple weeks now and I gotta say SAD hit it pretty good. Great pumps , better intensity in workouts and my bp has dropped to acceptable levels. I'm lovin it and will be prescribing myself a bit higher test dose!

Reactions: SAD
Mr.Sinister

Mr.Sinister

Feb 28, 2012
Had something funny to say, but forgot to "Reply With Quote"

Last edited:
midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
I've done it both ways. Gains are better hands down evey day. I also think less then 50mg per day is a waste. I've tried low dose and it does nothing for me..

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I've done it both ways. Gains are better hands down evey day. I also think less then 50mg per day is a waste. I've tried low dose and it does nothing for me..

It also depends on quality of dbol:D, for me i just can't run the high doses anymore but still love the pumps.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
It also depends on quality of dbol:D, for me i just can't run the high doses anymore but still love the pumps.

I agree! there is a varience in quality / strength.....and no high doses for me anymore as well. Getting too old hahha.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I agree! there is a varience in quality / strength.....and no high doses for me anymore as well. Getting too old hahha.

Me too Brother, ****in sucks gettin old. Just got back bw and I gotta make some changes.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic