jacobss
What's New?

Police arrest suspected steroids dealer

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
16034686_BG1.jpg

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Police say a routine traffic stop turned into something much more serious when they discovered what one Louisville man had in his truck.

Officers say they stopped Anthony Hampton on I-265 at I-65 Thursday afternoon, after they saw him driving 73 mph in a 65 mph zone. During the stop, a drug K9 alerted on the trunk of the vehicle, at which point, Hampton allegedly admitted to having a "large amount" of steroids hidden inside.

Police say Hampton gave them permission to search his trunk. According to an arrest report, they found, "a large quantity of various types of steroids." They also allegedly found over $10,000 with the steroids.

Police say Hampton admitted to trafficking in steroids.

He was arrested at the scene and charged with trafficking in a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and speeding.

rstiennoway

rstiennoway

Jan 27, 2011
Ok so now k9's can detect steroids? Sure thing I call bs on that one. He was been watched way before that stop.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
drug dogs aint gunna smell steroids,throw a flag on that play

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
the rumor is that K9s will hit on a car at least 50% (give or take) of the time regardless of what is in the car.

It says he had 10K in the trunk and that is what i bet the dogs hit on

Last edited:
Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
K9 are not trained to detect AAS. I know this for a fact. They are also not trained to detect money either. However they are trained to signal on command as if they smell something for probable cause purposes. At least that is what i know with the K9 units in the military, who derrive ALL THEIR TRAINING FROM STATE TROOPER TRAINING MANUALS. just my 2 cents.

ICE

ICE

Nov 4, 2011
Did they train the dog to sniff out grapeseed oil, cottonseed oil, ba, bb, eo, and the unique smells of each type of hormone????

Besides, the vials are sealed up and I doubt even a dog can smell through glass.

Total bullshit...

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
Agreed...there must be more to this story. If he was pulled over for speeding they normally wouldn't have the dog out anyway...at least you'd think not. They had to have known.

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
K9 are not trained to detect AAS. I know this for a fact. They are also not trained to detect money either. However they are trained to signal on command as if they smell something for probable cause purposes. At least that is what i know with the K9 units in the military, who derrive ALL THEIR TRAINING FROM STATE TROOPER TRAINING MANUALS. just my 2 cents.

When i said they hit on the 10K....i meant the drug residue on all the bills....very common for money to have trace amounts....esp 10K in bills

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
When i said they hit on the 10K....i meant the drug residue on all the bills....very common for money to have trace amounts....esp 10K in bills

True the cash will normally reek from crack and meth and shit like that.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
very possible with that much money but more likely that he was already being watched and they were just looking for an excuse to pop him.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Yeah I've driven on I-65 in that area and they'll pull you over for going 73 in a 65 every time...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic