Members
Latest Member
Joannafit

Pitshark!

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
We all agree that I'm NOT going to spend the money. The vacation and hooker are not options as I have too many kids and they won't help my squat. What is this wolf bar you speak of?

haha, sorry that's my personality....don't take me too seriously when I throw those ideas in there.

Best Bars in the business, used in most competitions....PLK, are they used in just about every event now these days in the US?

http://ironwolfebarbell.com/shop-for-bars/

monsoon, do you have a home gym setup with a squat cage/rack etc? Have you looked at craigslist for some stuff for cheap?

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Yes, I do all my traing at home. I have a cage, assorted bars, GHR, benches, bands,box, DBS, chin/dip bars, etc.
I also have a little bit of strongman gear and boxing stuff.
What I don't have, is a squat.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Oh yeah, I'm not worried about competing right now except maybe the special Olympics.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Yes, I do all my traing at home. I have a cage, assorted bars, GHR, benches, bands,box, DBS, chin/dip bars, etc.
I also have a little bit of strongman gear and boxing stuff.
What I don't have, is a squat.

SOunds like a good setup, maybe some chains?....I have scoliosis and the only thing that made my squat go up was a form correction and lower lumbar strengthening exercises (good mornings, roman chairs etc).

Oh yeah, I'm not worried about competing right now except maybe the special Olympics.

I laughed at this.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I do extensions and good mornings every training day as part of my warm up. I have to be very careful and lean on my abs though. I also do GHR and pull throughs.
I train 5,3,1 on a 4 day schedule.
Perhaps I should start a log. We'll call it monsoon squats a pound or slow weak and stupid is no way to go through life.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
If you started a log, I know 5 guys (including myself) that would help out as much as you wanted.

THe log is easier for you to explain your goals and regimen.....do it!!

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Not sure I want help from someone that wears skinny jeans...
Think I will look to start it around the first of the year. That gives me time to come up with an attention grabbing headline. Plus I should probably sit down at a real computer to write the original post explaining a little about my experience/ background etc.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Not sure I want help from someone that wears skinny jeans...

Considering that you don't know the story, allow me to say that I've never worn skinny jeans in my life.

With that being said, blow me, I can squat a nickel. :)

Merry Christmas man.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I might look good in those jeans. I do still have wide child bearing hips though.

I bow to your superior squat for now. Consider me jealous.

Merry Christmas to you too sir!

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I might look good in those jeans. I do still have wide child bearing hips though.

I bow to your superior squat for now. Consider me jealous.

Merry Christmas to you too sir!

Thanks man.

All kidding aside, we have a small group that logs and we all kinda push each other when the other guy or gal needs it.

If you run a log, plenty of people will help....they helped me a ton!!

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I don't have a problem pushing, if anything, I push to hard. I am definitely motivated. What I am looking for from the log is that one post that maybe will give me 5lbs here or 2lbs there you know. I'm going to do it right, maybe try some video for critique. I am definitely going to try some shit this year even if it means squatting everyday like I mentioned above.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I don't have a problem pushing, if anything, I push to hard. I am definitely motivated. What I am looking for from the log is that one post that maybe will give me 5lbs here or 2lbs there you know. I'm going to do it right, maybe try some video for critique. I am definitely going to try some shit this year even if it means squatting everyday like I mentioned above.

Exactly. And all of us in our group help with just that. That little extra that we need a different perspective on

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic