Members
Latest Member
Hautebusted

Pitshark!

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Does any have one or use/used one? My wife said I can buy it if we get enough of a tax refund. So I jacked up my withholding...
Anyway, looks like a way I can finally squat some weight without crippling myself. Not that my 210 isn't super impressive, but my legs can handle more than my low back.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Fix your squat form. Build your QLs. This thing is a waste of money.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
It's a belt squat machine. I would save my money. Start box squatting. You can get some form tips off youtube.

It's basic. Spread the floor with your feet, tight upper back, sit back into the squat while opening the hips. Done.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Thanks for the dips guys. I know how to squat I think. I've been doing it for over 20 years, some of that time at a reasonably respectable level. I absolutely love to squat and used to do it up to 4x week. I have some serious spinal issues now that make loading weight impossible. I am looking to save my passion.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
If you have spinal issues which can't be fixed/corrected than belted squats is better than nothing. You can perform belts squats much easier. Get the weight belt, stand on 2 boxes, and squat so the weight falls in between the 2 boxes. Cheaper and easier.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Sorry if my earlier comment came off as rude. I definitely jumped to conclusions about not squatting because like BI said - it's just a belt squat but it costs more - it came off like a greenhorn question.

You could try more of a powerlifter style squat like POB said, high bar and upright takes the strain out of the back.
Or, if you have to just belt squat, use a dip belt or heavy powerlifting belt and just hang some weight. Stand on boxes or benches.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
No problem. I definitely won't spend that much money. I have already switched to higher bar position. My issue with standard belt squats is loading. I want to move some damn weight. It's not fair that you guys can go in and rep with 400-600 while I am doing my fives today at 160. My BW is way down from the old days of course but percent wise I should still be 2.5 x.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Echoing the statements of these guys to save your money my man.

Put it towards some gear :)

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Echoing the statements of these guys to save your money my man.

Put it towards some gear :)

I'm a natural athlete ...
Maybe I'll start squatting every day going up a pound a day for a year...

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I'm a natural athlete ...
Maybe I'll start squatting every day going up a pound a day for a year...

I see where you're going although I just think you could put your money towards something much more productive than that.

Like an Iron wolfe bar or something as an example. Or a vacation....or a hooker!!

What are your goals now? If you're trying to increase your squat, my bottom line is that this contraption isn't worth the money spent.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
We all agree that I'm NOT going to spend the money. The vacation and hooker are not options as I have too many kids and they won't help my squat. What is this wolf bar you speak of?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic