Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Pillar's Log

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
15 doubles on bench for tonight... worked up to 315 for all sets and slightly undershot my rpe. 15th set was a damn 7.

Close grip bench 245 for a few sets of 6...

Cut it there cause I had some work to do.

Worked with the 165 female on the team... we will call her nurse ratchet. She has an issue common in females which is excessive thoracic extension in the squat and deadlift. Worked with her on bracing her abdominal wall and what the cue "tuck your shoulders into your back pockets" really means. Also changed her to a slightly higher bar position.

Started making big changes to kid Portugal's bench. He says he feels tighter. The bar moved pretty well off his chest. Still needs some minor tweaks here and there but I expect some good PR's out of him come October.

Helped beastislav decide on whether he should squat in a heel or not. He had for years but stopped due to knee pain frof an old injury. He had trouble staying tight in the hole with the heel but felt stable. He decided to go back to a flat shoe.

Worked on my 165er who developed a huge butt wink that knocked his squat down by about 100lbs it was so bad. Loosened his illiopsoas, cranked on his left leg for external rotation and right leg for internal where he was short. Then did some glute activation and patterning work. He got right up and hit 425 x 3 @8 which last week a single would have been his @9.

Then a national strong woman competitor who suffered a terrible back injury last month was there. She actually was at the meet that TA did and I went to. She was trying some belt squats to help the back. Just had her make some adjustments there. Then introduced her to the reverse hyper and she fell in love with it.

I have two guys one of which is kid Portugal on a nutrition plan for a couple months now. They are both looking significantly better. More muscularity, less fat, both stronger. Losing weight doesn't have to mean getting weaker. It means working your new leverages. Another teammate prefers to do his own nutrition just for the learning experience. He bumped his carbs very high and looked way more muscular. Really filled out.

In general very happy with the direction of team douchebag. Super proud of these people. Really all my clients. I am damn near at max capacity right now and have a wide variety of goals people are looking for. Keeps it interesting doing more than just PL programming.

Only problem with getting this busy with this and investing all my time into it is that I have a good sized group of friends that I coach for free. Not sure how much of them I can keep. Might have to just pare it down to my closest.

I'm still not actually turning a profit yet.

Also raising my prices. I have been charging for 12 weeks of work what most other coaches are getting per month. My cost has almost doubled.

Neither of these things am I that happy about. I spent a lot of time learning, trying, experimenting, retooling, and developing my ability to lead individuals thru a training cycle. I have gotten pretty God damn good at it over the last few years and have piles of success stories.

But the truth is I enjoyed when I would see someone struggling a bit and not progressing as easily as they could because I could jump right in and get them moving again. It felt good. A simple thank you was enough.

That won't help my business grow and I am ambitious. I have plans for Strength First and I am going to need real capital to get it done.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Those of us who've received coaching for free should understand that at some point we owe you payment. And as you get better so does your worth.

Keep this thing going!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Can I keep paying you with test and tren?

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
If you could set up something where you can take monthly automatic micro payments, I think PayPal allows that, then you could set up tiers of services from full on programming/nutrition/online coaching to just online coaching .. or something like that?

Bigherm21

Bigherm21

Apr 12, 2012
That's it you're getting more monies from me and noods.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
If you could set up something where you can take monthly automatic micro payments, I think PayPal allows that, then you could set up tiers of services from full on programming/nutrition/online coaching to just online coaching .. or something like that?

He'll get taxed unless he takes it as a gift. There are many available options out there to take payments.

K

Kid Portugal

Jun 29, 2015
15 doubles on bench for tonight... worked up to 315 for all sets and slightly undershot my rpe. 15th set was a damn 7.

Close grip bench 245 for a few sets of 6...

Cut it there cause I had some work to do.

Worked with the 165 female on the team... we will call her nurse ratchet. She has an issue common in females which is excessive thoracic extension in the squat and deadlift. Worked with her on bracing her abdominal wall and what the cue "tuck your shoulders into your back pockets" really means. Also changed her to a slightly higher bar position.

Started making big changes to kid Portugal's bench. He says he feels tighter. The bar moved pretty well off his chest. Still needs some minor tweaks here and there but I expect some good PR's out of him come October.

Helped beastislav decide on whether he should squat in a heel or not. He had for years but stopped due to knee pain frof an old injury. He had trouble staying tight in the hole with the heel but felt stable. He decided to go back to a flat shoe.

Worked on my 165er who developed a huge butt wink that knocked his squat down by about 100lbs it was so bad. Loosened his illiopsoas, cranked on his left leg for external rotation and right leg for internal where he was short. Then did some glute activation and patterning work. He got right up and hit 425 x 3 @8 which last week a single would have been his @9.

Then a national strong woman competitor who suffered a terrible back injury last month was there. She actually was at the meet that TA did and I went to. She was trying some belt squats to help the back. Just had her make some adjustments there. Then introduced her to the reverse hyper and she fell in love with it.

I have two guys one of which is kid Portugal on a nutrition plan for a couple months now. They are both looking significantly better. More muscularity, less fat, both stronger. Losing weight doesn't have to mean getting weaker. It means working your new leverages. Another teammate prefers to do his own nutrition just for the learning experience. He bumped his carbs very high and looked way more muscular. Really filled out.

In general very happy with the direction of team douchebag. Super proud of these people. Really all my clients. I am damn near at max capacity right now and have a wide variety of goals people are looking for. Keeps it interesting doing more than just PL programming.

Only problem with getting this busy with this and investing all my time into it is that I have a good sized group of friends that I coach for free. Not sure how much of them I can keep. Might have to just pare it down to my closest.

I'm still not actually turning a profit yet.

Also raising my prices. I have been charging for 12 weeks of work what most other coaches are getting per month. My cost has almost doubled.

Neither of these things am I that happy about. I spent a lot of time learning, trying, experimenting, retooling, and developing my ability to lead individuals thru a training cycle. I have gotten pretty God damn good at it over the last few years and have piles of success stories.

But the truth is I enjoyed when I would see someone struggling a bit and not progressing as easily as they could because I could jump right in and get them moving again. It felt good. A simple thank you was enough.

That won't help my business grow and I am ambitious. I have plans for Strength First and I am going to need real capital to get it done.

we are all working toward the same goal becoming better and stronger. we all understand at a point coaching, nutrition, programming. etc will go up in price. i rather give my money to someone who truly cares about their clients and gets a high off their PR's. thats why i see strengthfirst heading and you dam right I can stand behind something like that

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
He'll get taxed unless he takes it as a gift. There are many available options out there to take payments.
I pay tax on every nickel I make so that's not really a concern. The monthly payment thing creates work, puts me in a position to have to cut off a client and also do3snt give me a length of time to make a difference. People out there are stupid enough to think after a month that they haven't made progress and trash talk the coach.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I pay tax on every nickel I make so that's not really a concern. The monthly payment thing creates work, puts me in a position to have to cut off a client and also do3snt give me a length of time to make a difference. People out there are stupid enough to think after a month that they haven't made progress and trash talk the coach.

Well then definitely set up the business paypal account and really take a stab at it.

Have people really talked ill of you? and your program?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic