Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Pillar's Log

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I just ate the fuck out of my daughters birthday cake from last night... I can't even move right now.

Squat opener tomorrow afternoon. This should be funny.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Fuck...

Squat openers today

I suck apparently. 485 moved no problem. Easy triple. 525? Stapled. Not a single rep was done.

All that work and it feels like it was for nothing. Sure there is two other lifts and all but I am a squatter. It's the only thing that I was ever good at and it's gone.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Fuck...

Squat openers today

I suck apparently. 485 moved no problem. Easy triple. 525? Stapled. Not a single rep was done.

All that work and it feels like it was for nothing. Sure there is two other lifts and all but I am a squatter. It's the only thing that I was ever good at and it's gone.

Why do you think that is? Could that weight drop have negatively impacted your squat? Where's the bar placement with that narrower stance in the Oly shoes?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Why do you think that is? Could that weight drop have negatively impacted your squat? Where's the bar placement with that narrower stance in the Oly shoes?
I lost like 8 lbs. It's not affecting my strength one bit.

And it's not technical either. The squat appears completely sound after having been reviewed repeatedly. It's not the sole of the shoe. It's not the bar placement. It's not toe angle or mobility or anything of the sort.

It's a matter of stance width. I am simply not meant to squat big like this. I am a box squatter. This change has taken about 100lbs off my squat.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Perhaps it's time to go single ply so you can go back to your old style of squatting....

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
It's in your head. You missed before you started.

I should have made you re-rack it after you started yelling at Col. Mustard....

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
It's in your head. You missed before you started.

I should have made you re-rack it after you started yelling at Col. Mustard....

I thought he could have grinded it out by the video and temper tantrum after. Same thing happened with my golf game this weekend.

When it gets in your head.....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic