Latest Member
thejudge
What's New?

Pillar's Log

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Which do you feel more comfortable doing?
I pulled sumo for the first time ever a month ago and it was nice. Feet placement felt awkward as shit and my hamstrings were on fire... but I really like the shorter ROM. Almost feels like cheating.

Its tough to say. I'll feel comfortable doing either so long as I train it enough. My training partner was glad to see me switch. His quote to me " there is no dignity in sumo" lol prick

3 weeks in a row trying to pull >90% is to much. Make next week a light week. That's why I'm doing heavy, light, heavy, deload, repeat. I personally don't think you should >90% for more than 2 weeks in a row. You'll just wear yourself down if you do.

Yeah I know I know... Was just riding the wave lol... You should have seen me trying to play softball today it was hysterical. I was NOT bending over to stop any grounders!

Azog

Azog

Sep 9, 2012
3 weeks in a row trying to pull >90% is to much. Make next week a light week. That's why I'm doing heavy, light, heavy, deload, repeat. I personally don't think you should >90% for more than 2 weeks in a row. You'll just wear yourself down if you do.

True story. Months of >90% pulls at my old oly lifting gym damn near crippled me. I thought I needed a double hip replacement.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Rested since Saturday afternoon. Came in for some pulls today. Really focused on getting down to the bar properly.

135 x 3 x 2
225 x 3 x 2
315 x 3 x 2
405 x 3
Suit on
405 x 1 x 3

SS bar squats
135 x 8
225 x 8 x 4

Ghey workout was ghey

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
You play in a softball league?

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
I do. Yes. Is that remarkable?

No, that's awesome man. I love softball and baseball!

I played baseball all throughout being a kid.

I wish I had tried out for the baseball team in highschool. But when try outs came around I just felt overwhelmed and I skipped going. Man I wish I had tried out.

I loved playing first base. And always wanted to try catching.

The local MLB team has walk ons.... Back in 05 I wanted to go. Wish I had just to go. I'm sure I wouldn't have made it, but it would have been fun.

Sorry for the ramble there. Haha

What position do you play?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
No, that's awesome man. I love softball and baseball!

I played baseball all throughout being a kid.

I wish I had tried out for the baseball team in highschool. But when try outs came around I just felt overwhelmed and I skipped going. Man I wish I had tried out.

I loved playing first base. And always wanted to try catching.

The local MLB team has walk ons.... Back in 05 I wanted to go. Wish I had just to go. I'm sure I wouldn't have made it, but it would have been fun.

Sorry for the ramble there. Haha

What position do you play?

We play two games on Sunday. The first game I play bench warmer (designated hitter). Because I'm usually so damn sore that I couldn't be bothered to run for the ball. The second game I'm a little looser after batting a few times so they stuck me at second base. Not much action there. I don't have much agility anymore. But to be honest my biggest problem in the field is after years of not playing, I don't have the situational awareness I used to have. But I can seriously crush the ****ing ball so I don't have to run the bases much :)

When I was younger and I played baseball I was a pitcher and a catcher. I credit being a catcher for the hip flexibility that allows me to squat so wide raw.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Nice man. That sounds like a lot of fun.

That's a good point about hip flexibility.

Tid should start a softball team!!

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
We play two games on Sunday. The first game I play bench warmer (designated hitter). Because I'm usually so damn sore that I couldn't be bothered to run for the ball. The second game I'm a little looser after batting a few times so they stuck me at second base. Not much action there. I don't have much agility anymore. But to be honest my biggest problem in the field is after years of not playing, I don't have the situational awareness I used to have. But I can seriously crush the ****ing ball so I don't have to run the bases much :)

When I was younger and I played baseball I was a pitcher and a catcher. I credit being a catcher for the hip flexibility that allows me to squat so wide raw.

I've seen your practice swing....you need a lot more work than my bench does.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I've seen your practice swing....you need a lot more work than my bench does.

When have you ever seen me with a bat in my hands? I'll have to get some video.

I don't need good technique though cause I just juice up. Like bonds.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
When have you ever seen me with a bat in my hands? I'll have to get some video.

I don't need good technique though cause I just juice up. Like bonds.

Good thing you're my friend otherwise I'd bash you about talent doing the work and the oils helping the distance versus the public's perception which kills me that you're part of the masses.

We'll work on your swing.....you showed me enough with just your practice swing to know that it's awful....sure you might get away with a couple extra bloopers in a church co-ed league when you're playing the Perkins school for the blind (it's real, it's off the pike). I might still have a few vids of me in the cages somewhere....seriously though, I can turn you into a .700 hitter with the way you apply teachings from others. I have a few dozen balls and about 10 bats to choose from....also, I have a few for sale too. let's chat about it Sunday.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic