Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Pillar's Log

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
Great job POB you should be very proud of what you have done. Those are some big numbers

Topsy

Topsy

Nov 10, 2011
Agreed that's some impressive lifts sir. Looking forward to reading more of your journal.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
holy shit PoB, excellent write and hellacious lifts at that meet! i cried a little inside when you missed the 325 and it just kind of hit you and stayed there. my first thought was "fuk he's injured" :(

this is what i get for not reading your journal first lol. you have motivated me to get my damn bench back on track again and see what i can do about getting my squat up in the quarter ton range too lol.

but i still pull more than you :p:p:p

Edit: had to throw that last part in so your head dont get too big :D

I will readily admit you will out-pull me in a meet. My total will forever dominate you though :D

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Headed into the gym today. Mostly cause I'm on vacation all week and when I woke up and ate I found that Hips wasn't around so I had nobody to entertain my PP. Did some bodybuilding kinda stuff.

Bench
Bar x 20
135 x 10 x 2
185 x 10 x 2
205 x 10 x 2

Incline Dumbbell
55 x 10 x 4

Close Grip Incline Smith Press - yes that is right folks... In the smith (all reps stopped 1/2 inch off the chest)
185 x 10 x 4

Band Pulldowns
a shitload x super pumped

Barbell Rows super set to side raises
135 x 15 / 10 x 15
185 x 10 / 15 x 15 x 3

Lat Pulldown with loop rope attachment thing. Neutral grip at top and supinate the wrist during movement to contraction
140 x 10 x 4

lookin swoll after this shit.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Good shit....while throwing around a fukload of weight, I can imagine your body is still pretty beat considering you competed full power.

Workouts like these still make us feel better in the mirror. Good job man....did you use the pocket pussy that I let you borrow?

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
I will readily admit you will out-pull me in a meet. My total will forever dominate you though :D

yeah.... but i hear those meets dont start til the weight is on the ground :D

yeah your squat will put you way too far ahead though. i think one day we will have to be competitors at a meet lol. if nothing else there will be more motivation to make those weights move.

i KNOW if i had been there your ass would have pulled that 570 with ease ;)

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
Good #s at your meet brother. Keep it up man !!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Been stewing over what needs to change in my training since the meet. Basically a "what did you learn" kind of thing.

1. I need to do sled pulls. I hate the idea, but honestly I ran out of gas for my last pull. I think this will help.
2. More accessory volume:
2.a - 100 reps of Barbell Rows per week, 100 reps of Good Mornings, 100 reps of either floor press or close grip press per week.
3. Keep doing speed work. That shit works for me. Don't bother going over 85% EVER.
4. Double bench volume
5. Use less drol. It makes me awesome, but I feel like dog shit on it.
6. 1G test is perfect. If using TNE during training, factor that into the weekly total and keep it below 1G to avoid lethargy.
7. Only do meets with your kick ass iron brothers there to support you.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Been stewing over what needs to change in my training since the meet. Basically a "what did you learn" kind of thing.

1. I need to do sled pulls. I hate the idea, but honestly I ran out of gas for my last pull. I think this will help.
2. More accessory volume:
2.a - 100 reps of Barbell Rows per week, 100 reps of Good Mornings, 100 reps of either floor press or close grip press per week.
3. Keep doing speed work. That shit works for me. Don't bother going over 85% EVER.
4. Double bench volume
5. Use less drol. It makes me awesome, but I feel like dog shit on it.
6. 1G test is perfect. If using TNE during training, factor that into the weekly total and keep it below 1G to avoid lethargy.
7. Only do meets with your kick ass iron brothers there to support you.

Watch out for the sled pull flu, gets me every time. Being over a gram and the drol could have added to the gassing out possibly?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic