Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Phil Heath more Free Weights or Machines?

GarnetandGold

GarnetandGold

Aug 15, 2011
Dude looks awesome, but seems like he uses a lot of machines. So far, I have not seen any videos of his leg training, but upper body training segments are plentiful on youtube

Q

Qwerty1424

MuscleHead
Mar 2, 2011
just gotta find out what works for you.... but u are right id like to see his leg video but he does not to much of them

Q

Qwerty1424

MuscleHead
Mar 2, 2011
same goes for dennis wolf he uses alot more machines than free weights

A

afton

Sep 19, 2011
Probably start a war about free weights vs machines but you have to admit, over the years machines have gotten a LOT better. Of course it depends on the gym you train in and whether you are lucky enough to have some of the newer, better designed machines. I can see why BBs like Phil Heath and Dennis Wolf use a lot of them when they have access to some top quality state of the art machines...

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Obviously the machines aren't working for him... he should stop them immediately so that he can build a quality physique.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
I prefer machines too. I dont need a spotter, i feel like i can isolate the muscles more, its way easier on the joints, and theyre always available for use. The machines of today are a lot better engineered than the older ones.

craig

craig

Aug 29, 2011
I use some machines after my big lifts for the day. My gym does have newer equipment but not many options to chose from.

bybon

bybon

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2011
That's just his videos, and in BBing videos, they choose machines more because they are easier to deal with and they show muscles in action (like striations in chest, triceps popping out, etc) very effectively. To think the majority of his exercises are machine based is silly.

All the pro's and anyone knows what they are doing do BOTH.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic