Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Peter Attia Episode #260: TE for Older, TC for Younger Patients

T

treetop

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2023
On episode #260 of Peter Attia, he interviewed urologist Dr. Mohit Khera.

Around the 1:10:40 mark, Dr. Khera says he uses TE for "older" guys (50+) and TC for under 50.

According to him, cypionate is more anabolic and causes more sodium retention. He mentions that he trys to stay away from swelling/edema in older patients.

Any thoughts, agree, disagree?

Personally for ugl, I've mostly taken blends and cyp. All my past scripts were cyp, and enanthate wasn't mentioned or offered (pcp, not clinic).

Majority of what I've read, says most people can't tell the difference and besides taking enanthate on a slightly shorter dosing schedule, they are the same.

Do you guys that are experienced with both, notice a difference or have a preference?

Yohimbe

Yohimbe

Feb 27, 2024
I don't know if I can really tell a significant difference between the two. Anecdotally I think I feel better on cyp than enan. That's just from my personal experience of alternating between them both for the past 20+ years.

It's interesting. Most guys I know on prescribed TRT from the doctor are using cyp.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I don't know if I can really tell a significant difference between the two. Anecdotally I think I feel better on cyp than enan. That's just from my personal experience of alternating between them both for the past 20+ years.

It's interesting. Most guys I know on prescribed TRT from the doctor are using cyp.
That's because enanthate is not available in the US at the pharmacy.

Reactions: CFM
CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
TC gives me less or no injection site inflammation, TE can and will lump me up. I have a hard time believing an ester affects the anabolic action of the testosterone. With that said guys swear by Tren Hex as The holy Grail of Trenbolone. oh baby i just don't know

T

treetop

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2023
I wonder if the enanthate recommendation took diet into consideration regarding sodium retention/edema? Cyp has always felt very clean to me and only excess swelling would occur after eating like crap for a day or two, but that happens on with any test I've taken. I think he's treating mostly low test guys that aren't super strict about diet or working out.

The urologist also recommended pinching the fat for subq injects which I've always heard not to do. Outside of an occasional lump, I haven't had problems not pinching.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Rx cyp for about 6 years now, never had any pain even with 2ml shots. I've had some Enanthate here and there over the years, I have had that "definitely had a shot there yesterday " feeling from time to time but nothing drastic.

Reactions: CFM
testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
An interesting mention by the urologist.
I’ve used multitude versions of test for 40yrs. Script and UGL, and of course there have been distinctions among the quality of prep and ingredients over such an extended time — some with more and some with less PIP., varied viscosity, scent and so forth. But so far as distinctly noticeable differences between enan and cyp, I couldn’t say I’ve personally felt a difference. There is a noticeable / felt difference however between short and long ester varieties of test (test no ester, prop, ace….). There is also a felt difference between some long esters such as undecanoate and sust compared with enan and cyp. And oral test is distinctly different as well. Same for dermals / creams.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic