Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Pec Major tendon pain

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Great info dr jim and he is spot on when I began using at 21 that's how I partially tore my left rotator cuff the muscle will get stronger than the tendants and hence injury can occur.swinder go and get a scan this will take all the guessing out then you will know exactly the extent of the injury.

TheSwindler

TheSwindler

May 5, 2014
I know you aren't here to do that and are just trying to help and yes I am aware of the correlation between the two. However, I have never used any AAS thats why I was asking for other things that could cause this issue

raysd21

raysd21

Feb 6, 2014
Get yourself some injectable IGF and pinn that shit right where it hurts. You'll be right as rain in no time.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Get yourself some injectable IGF and pinn that shit right where it hurts. You'll be right as rain in no time.

^^^^^^^ NUTS ^^^^^^^

Hey Swindle about the innuendo of AAS use, Im satisfied (although it's not some prerequisite) they were not a predisposing factor, which is important medically.

However it's now more clear what info your pursuing. I'll do my best to get back to you and repost some useful info later this afternoon.

PS
For a variety of reasons I wouldn't even consider 21's suggestion!

Respects
jim

TheSwindler

TheSwindler

May 5, 2014
^^^^^^^ NUTS ^^^^^^^

Hey Swindle about the innuendo of AAS use, Im satisfied (although it's not some prerequisite) they were not a predisposing factor, which is important medically.

However it's now more clear what info your pursuing. I'll do my best to get back to you and repost some useful info later this afternoon.

PS
For a variety of reasons I wouldn't even consider 21's suggestion!

Respects
jim

Hey jim I really appreciate you taking the time to try and help me out! I'll be waiting for your next post and trust me I know he is just trolling around.

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Hey jim I really appreciate you taking the time to try and help me out! I'll be waiting for your next post and trust me I know he is just trolling around.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OP I will give this a go, and try to explain the WHY of tendon injuries, more specifically YOUR apparent Pec Major tear. Obviously since I am not familiar with the details that surround your particular injury, a significant portion of this commentary, will be generically based.

Because Pectorial Major tears are actually quite rare, especially when compared to other sites of rupture such as the achilles, bicipital or those of the rotator cuff, I've attached a meta-analysis that involves more than 100 PMT rupture patients. It's probably not surprising but the most frequently cited "exercise" at the time of injury is the BENCH PRESS, duh.

However exclusive of the weight being lifted, there appears to be an additional risk factor for P.M. tears, again based on limited data, some which was derived from cadaveric studies.

------------------------------
OP the remainder of this post was COMPLETE and I was about to begin downloading the articles and pics when "time expired". However that's usually not a problem because of the "auto save" feature. However this time the remaining 75% of the original post was NOT saved and lies somewhere out there "cyberspace".

If ANYONE knows of a means of preventing this from happening please let me know. Thx.

I'll try again OP

JIM

Last edited:
dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Arg, one more time! :)

Other risk factors include the downward to upward "press" transition. The downward motion is anything but passive, since it involves the tonic activity of a lengthening muscle, often referred to as an "ECCENTRIC contraction". This "tonus" is important since it "loads" the tendon Golgi apparatus in an effort to "prepare" the muscle for an upcoming load.

(Some physiologists refer to this process as tendon "pre-loading".)

Regardless the problem often arises when someone allows the weight to "fall" downward, negating the time necessary for tendon preloading. (This is typically the result of an over-weighted exercise)

HOW ABOUT 10% MORE, ABSURD!
I'm done trying and will post the articles

TheSwindler

TheSwindler

May 5, 2014
Jim I get the idea of what you are trying to post don't trouble yourself with trying to get everything up if things aren't working properly. Appreciate the help

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic