Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Pain on outside of forearm

A

afton

Sep 19, 2011
Just finished training chest and while I was doing weight dips, had this intense pain in the outside of my forearm, along the bone. Almost felt like the bone was going to snap. Never had anything like it before. Anyone else had that pain?

Kept going and worked through it but kept having images of that video someone posted a few weeks back where the powerlifter snapped his arm benching and was squealing like a stuck pig :(

M

mfer

Nov 28, 2011
I have had this pain several times, I have found that hot wet heat works well,like a wet wash cloth in the microwave for 1.5 minutes and put on area that is sore. Try it it works for me.

A

afton

Sep 19, 2011
Thanks for that. Ill give it a go. Its still sore today and tender if I press on it but no sign of bruising, swelling etc... just strange...

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
That actually could be a bicep tendon issue....I had that pain on the outside part of my forearm. It is where the tendon does attach...just be careful. It's likely a tendonitis issue but ice and take care of it before it becomes chronic.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Ow went to doc for persistent pain got to the point he could barely hold his phone in that hand from the outer forearm, they thought it was golfers elbow from lifting... They tried some strong anti inflammatories , that made it worse after an MRI and 6 months (maybe more?) of continual appt.s him telling them it wasn't working , nothing was working we found the stress fracture ... It was from lifting ... Hopefully not your case but just out experience with it

A

afton

Sep 19, 2011
Yeah. Been over a month since I posted this and the pain just went away. No idea what it was. It was less the next week and then gone the week after. Maybe it was just a strain. Hopefully it doesn't come back.

bigkarch

bigkarch

May 27, 2012
I have a constant pain in mine also....top of forearm, especially around elbow joint....I know its tendon problems not muscle...hurts on pulls mostly...I did way too much too fast on my test/dbol cycle...now Im paying the price...

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Sounds like tendonitis to me also, especially since it subsided within a month. Did you experience swelling in the place that it hurt?

I had this happen to me a few years back... It almost felt like an intense pump that wouldn't do away... And burned like hell. Changing my curl technique coupled with lots of ice and ibuprofen helped the issue.

A

afton

Sep 19, 2011
Nah. No swelling and it was only when I did weighted dips.

N

MuscleHead
Jun 22, 2012
I never tried it on my own: I saw them cheap in a warehouse... infrared lamps. I sent one as a present to my mother for her stiff neck and a 2nd one to a friend in London for his pains in his back.
Both persons felt a little bit better - I don't know if they wanted to be polite or if it was working.

another thing - don't laugh - massage with sesame oil strengthens the parts where you do it. You buy it in the pharmacy and before you use it the first time you have to heat it up to C 80° (F 176°) in a pot. Then let it cool down and keep it in the bottle. When you need a little in the morning before the shower you warm it like F 100°. Only the head, the soles and the arms if you don't have much time.

Once I used it I had little pains in my knees after running because my whole body had much more power and my knees were not used to it. ;)

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
If any of yall have tendonitis, what may help is really stretching the wrist. Sounds odd but it helped me and I can post the article that I got the idea from if anyone is interested. It's basically the tendons being super tight and they need to be stretched. Ice and anti inflamm's just mask the pain but doesn't address the issue.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic