Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Owning dogs

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Man, they are so awesome until the end. My son took our dog to the vet as he has had a cough. Got a tumor on his lung and heart. When my boy told me I was gutted. This dog and I have had some adventures. He always went 4x4ing with me all over the USA. Fishing trips to the coast. Hiking in Arkansas. Now he is at the end and damn it sucks.

Amazing how attached we get to these critters. Vet says he may last a month, he may last a year but surgery at his age is a 50/50 proposition that he even makes it through it. So we are gonna make him comfy and love him to the end.

blm

blm

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2023
Sorry to hear that brother. We put on our beloved boxer down 4 years ago and I still have not gotten another dog. When memory photos pop up in my Google gallery, I get choked up. There is something very special about that unwavering loyalty and unconditional love. They don't hold grudges like a wife and the excitement never fades when you walk through the door for the millionth 'first time'.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Been there not all that long ago. Wife and I have 4 young men and they said they never saw their Dad cry before that. I was a fuukin mess for a long time. Unfortunately we lost another one a year later, he was only 2 1/2, bad heart at birth.

I'm not sure you want to think about it but I always bury my best friend on our property; we are going nowhere and I have the land. Here's what I do; it's time consuming but I felt I owed it to them. I get a granite stone made, I'll include the link. I form out a headstone and set the stone in it. It does take some basic craftsmanship but you could keep the stone alone in the house or just set it in some formed out concrete on the flat ground. Hit me up if you want any details on this.

So sorry for what you are going through and about to go through.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Amazing how attached we get to these critters. Vet says he may last a month, he may last a year but surgery at his age is a 50/50 proposition that he even makes it through it. So we are gonna make him comfy and love him to the end.
I am with you brother. My boy was diagnosed with metastatic thyroid cancer 3 years ago at 12 years old. They wanted to remove the thyroid and give him chemo and radiation. No way in hell. Maybe if he was younger but no way was I putting him through months of pain and stress just to keep him by my side doped up on prednisone etc. Enjoy every moment left you have with them....I am.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I’m sorry, that stinks because it’s the worst feelings in the world when it’s the end. Just enjoy every minute you can.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
It just sucks. I think of my little Jack Russell all the time. He was a rescue dog, & was loved dearly. It’s been 12 years & I still get watery eyes every time I think about him. Ughhh here we go again.

Sorry for your loss Jipped.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Man, they are so awesome until the end. My son took our dog to the vet as he has had a cough. Got a tumor on his lung and heart. When my boy told me I was gutted. This dog and I have had some adventures. He always went 4x4ing with me all over the USA. Fishing trips to the coast. Hiking in Arkansas. Now he is at the end and damn it sucks.

Man I hate seeing this. I’m sorry Brother. But what you’re doing is best. Doggie Hospice is what we call it. And the Mrs being a Hospice Nurse. It’s never easy. But just know you’re absolutely doing the right thing.

Yano

Yano

VIP Member
Sep 18, 2022
Wish I had some fancy words for this but the truth is ,, losing a friend just sucks. Keep strong for him , keep him comfortable and spoil him while you have the time. You keep ya head up

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Sorry to hear this, brother. Enjoy the time that's left.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Sorry to hear. We are going through the same with my dog now. He would turn 11 this August, but I doubt he makes it that long. He's now got really bad arthritis and has a lame hind leg. We are giving him some meds, CBD and joint supps, but I can't watch him limping around much longer. Doing our best to keep him comfortable, but it's getting close to time to put him down.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Five down and four still here for me + Wife. Dogs sometimes just up + die when Nature says so, but I'm guessing most Dogs with loving owners die when their owners decide it's time to take them to the Vet.

That's the worst part ... deciding when is too soon vs. when did we wait longer than we should have?

I wouldn't mind having godlike powers over many humans I meet, but I hate having them over Dogs, and don't think I deserve to.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Sorry brother.

My oldest dog Abe was really struggling to even get up and down the stairs a few months ago. The vet said there was nothing wrong with him, he is just getting old (13) and is a larger breed dog. I was on Think Big Body Building FB page and they were talking about TRT for their dogs, so I started giving my dog some of my test cyp (.5 mg/kg) each week. He has dramatically improved.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic