Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Outer Chest, Shoulder Pain? Strain...

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Well today was Bench day. I was a little stiff and sore still. But over all pretty good. I warmed up with Push ups and Rev BB Rows. Then 3 sets of lighter weight Bench. Before I did my Core sets. I think it's just a strain...

Just wondering what everyone does for these. Time off, Ice, IcyHot, Massage? I don't bench again for another week. Would like to recover before then. It's my 3rd and heavy week of my first 5/3/1.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
Ice it and take it easy ibuprofen how bad is it? I used to pitch so I'm pretty used to a sore shoulder but what I did depended on how bad it hurt. Ice is always a good idea. You may need to rest it

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
I'll keep up with the Naproxen and IcyHot and ice it tonight. I hurt the same before I even benched today. Felt it when I was warming up.

Thanks

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
Be careful because you don't want to turn this into something chronic.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
IcyHot doesn't do jack shit. You need either biofreeze and an infrared thingy, or some equi-block and the ability to tolerate a burning sensation.

Naproxen, rest, equiblock. You just strained it. You'll be fine by next week.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
Id say you pulled or strained your pec minor. Rest and ice.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
And yes, take care of it....or you will end up like me with a pec major tear....it sucks!! LOL. I think it's taking me 3 surgeries (a pec tear, rotator cuff, and bicep tendon rupture) to realize that one needs to decide what they are wanting to do. Train for the now or train for life...I am learning to do the latter. Good luck.

Superman

Superman

VIP Member
Aug 28, 2012
I injure my pecs, tri's, and shoulder's on what seems like a monthly basis. Like the brothers above said definitely ice it, I usually apply pressure if possible and I will skip an entire week of pushing excersises all together. It sounds counter productive, but it has kept me from overtraining my bench so I make steady gains and I also haven't torn anything yet. Alot of times when I injure the shoulder I will switch to close grip BP because I get hardly any pectoral/delt activation!

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Thanks everyone. I'm Icing it right now. I've been using Ultra Strength BENGAY. It seems to work pretty good. And I have 1/2 of Naproxen too.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Ramrod mate going through shoulder surgery soon.i used naproxen and ice 20 min tops.if its still sore get physio if it continues get a x ray and ultrasound.dont fuck around with it like I have.i need surgery on my right tendant has come off the bone and I have a partial tear in my left.take care and I hope it's all cool.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Ramrod mate going through shoulder surgery soon.i used naproxen and ice 20 min tops.if its still sore get physio if it continues get a x ray and ultrasound.dont fuck around with it like I have.i need surgery on my right tendant has come off the bone and I have a partial tear in my left.take care and I hope it's all cool.

Thanks, it doesn't really hurt now. I thinks its just a strain. I've been icing it, using Bengay, Naproxen, Flexeril, and some light stretching.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Ramrod good to hear.if its a strain it's all cool.still just take it easy and watch your lifting.i don't wont see anyone here at the den hurt themselves.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic