• With Food

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
Every forum has this question, but this seems to be a forum full of smarter people so it wouldn't hurt to ask the members here this question: How do you take your oral anabolic? Empty stomach or with a fatty food?

If you have a link to a study proving your case one way or the other, please share.

Last edited:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
No link or study... I was taking 30mg dbol pre workout and it coincided with my pre workout meal. I was more concerned with having good food in my system to work with over any absorption issues. I'll be curious to see where this goes though...

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
I don't really have a preference, depends how my meals panned out that day. I can't wait for someoneanddone to see this thread. He's going to cum in his pants.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
I don't really have a preference, depends how my meals panned out that day. I can't wait for someoneanddone to see this thread. He's going to cum in his pants.
Seriously laughed out loud at that. I think that the average one of us "ON" would be eating nearly every 2 hours trying to hit our calorie goal thus almost always having some gas in the tank.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011

LMAO... He definitely is interested in getting the max out of oral gear... Should be interesting.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Every forum has this question, but this seems to be a forum full of smarter people so it wouldn't hurt to ask the members here this question: How do you take your oral anabolic? Empty stomach or with a fatty food?

If you have a link to a study proving your case one way or the other, please share.

I have done mine with meals, somewhere I remember reading that a bit of dietary fat helped, and of course the grapefruit juice thing, but to tell you the truth I didnt really care too much, orals were never a big part of the equation, and for me with them being 17 aa it was more about timing then empty stomach vs full.
As people have said, should be interesting to read the opinions.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Ahemmm, ok, now that I've finished changing my pants I can give my thoughts on this. I have some studies that I'd like to try and find when I have more time, but until then, just some stream-of-conscious stuff.

- Taking orals on an empty stomach will make absorption time quicker, peak slightly higher, and duration of effect slightly shorter.

- Taking orals with a meal, particularly a fatty meal, will conversely slow absorption time, lessen the peak, and lengthen the duration of effect.

- Taking orals on an empty stomach can hurt. Some guys will just have stomach and intestinal pain, and others, like me, get pretty bad heartburn.

- Taking orals with food will HELP to alleviate stomach discomfort, but it doesn't always completely solve the problem.

Take home point #1 - If you want a great pre-workout kick and prefer to utilize your orals for the "bang factor", take your whole dose 2 hours PRW on an empty stomach.

Take home point #2 - If you want more steady levels because you think that is more beneficial than one huge peak (HIGHLY debatable), then take your doses throughout the day with meals.

Take home point #3 - Total absorption (not absorption rate) will not vary much between the two protocols. It really boils down to how you personally respond to orals. If you are like me, you may prefer to take your entire day's dose 2 hours PRW. Others prefer to space it out evenly depending on the half-life of the oral.

Caveat - When running a stack of orals for one reason or another, a hybrid timing/dosage schedule may need to be utilized. Right now I'm running Drol/dbol/winny at 50/25/25 respectively. I take my winny in the morning with breakfast, and then the drol/dbol 2 hours PRW. (Running test too, so don't freak out.)

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Ahemmm, ok, now that I've finished changing my pants I can give my thoughts on this. I have some studies that I'd like to try and find when I have more time, but until then, just some stream-of-conscious stuff.

- Taking orals on an empty stomach will make absorption time quicker, peak slightly higher, and duration of effect slightly shorter.

- Taking orals with a meal, particularly a fatty meal, will conversely slow absorption time, lessen the peak, and lengthen the duration of effect.

- Taking orals on an empty stomach can hurt. Some guys will just have stomach and intestinal pain, and others, like me, get pretty bad heartburn.

- Taking orals with food will HELP to alleviate stomach discomfort, but it doesn't always completely solve the problem.

Take home point #1 - If you want a great pre-workout kick and prefer to utilize your orals for the "bang factor", take your whole dose 2 hours PRW on an empty stomach.

Take home point #2 - If you want more steady levels because you think that is more beneficial than one huge peak (HIGHLY debatable), then take your doses throughout the day with meals.

Take home point #3 - Total absorption (not absorption rate) will not vary much between the two protocols. It really boils down to how you personally respond to orals. If you are like me, you may prefer to take your entire day's dose 2 hours PRW. Others prefer to space it out evenly depending on the half-life of the oral.

Caveat - When running a stack of orals for one reason or another, a hybrid timing/dosage schedule may need to be utilized. Right now I'm running Drol/dbol/winny at 50/25/25 respectively. I take my winny in the morning with breakfast, and then the drol/dbol 2 hours PRW. (Running test too, so don't freak out.)

I've seen some of the old timers talk about take home point #2. None of them believe that "steady levels" are of such a great benefit. Ok I shouldn't say none, but none that I have heard from believed that.

Nice post. Very concise information.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Heartburn is a problem for sure. PWO is how i have always done it but never 2 hrs, usually 45min-1hr. I could see taking them throught the day being better for recovery period.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
2 hours prior is for a couple of reasons Ogre. The first is that if I want to take it on an empty stomach, but still have a preworkout meal and a preworkout drink, and not have them interfere with one another, it gives me the time to do so. The second and more important reason, is that while you may feel the effects of a given oral steroid within 15-20 minutes, it won't truly peak until around the 120 min mark, so you'd be hitting the gym right when it's peaking. As far as recovery, one should be running test with any orals, so I personally rely on the test to help with sustained protein synthesis and use the orals for killer workouts.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I've seen some of the old timers talk about take home point #2. None of them believe that "steady levels" are of such a great benefit. Ok I shouldn't say none, but none that I have heard from believed that.

Nice post. Very concise information.

It's debatable like I said, but in my personal experience, pulsing the orals works much better for me. Everyone is different and should do what works best for them. Thanks by the way.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Its interesting, I have seen this type of thread subject a few times in my time and its always debatable which is why I stated it had less to do with stomach empty vs full and more about timing for me personally.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic