Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Options for high cholesterol?

rumbletumble

rumbletumble

Feb 25, 2012
Gentlemen, I was told recently that I have high cholesterol & I was told that I could take fish oil & niacin to lower it, but he said to wait until I see my family physician to see what she had to say about it. Please advise your opinion? rt...

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Gentlemen, I was told recently that I have high cholesterol & I was told that I could take fish oil & niacin to lower it, but he said to wait until I see my family physician to see what she had to say about it. Please advise your opinion? rt...
Is it in your genes and/or from cycling?
Generally eat clean, do cardio and yes fish oil will help.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
My doctors put me on fish oil instead of meds currently, since I eat clean they were hoping I could avoid meds. My good cholesterol was up significant bad down some. Mine was all messed up due to gear usage.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
I was on the high side of safe/normal before AAS. After 2.5 years of AAS my bad cholesterol was off the charts. I cut way back on animal fats in my diet and saw some fast improvement in my numbers. I also take fish oil and co-Q and all that good stuff. We're doing some follow up bloodwork this spring after I have a nice cruise for a month or so.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Hey Woodwise, how much fish oil and co-Q daily?

V

Vick

MuscleHead
Jun 13, 2012
My doctors put me on fish oil instead of meds currently, since I eat clean they were hoping I could avoid meds. My good cholesterol was up significant bad down some. Mine was all messed up due to gear usage.

I was on the high side of safe/normal before AAS. After 2.5 years of AAS my bad cholesterol was off the charts. I cut way back on animal fats in my diet and saw some fast improvement in my numbers. I also take fish oil and co-Q and all that good stuff. We're doing some follow up bloodwork this spring after I have a nice cruise for a month or so.
what doses are effective, specifically for DHA and EPA?

rumbletumble

rumbletumble

Feb 25, 2012
I'm only on test cyp, my mother is on meds for high cholesterol; how much fish oil, coq10, or niacin should I be taking per day? rt...

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I take 4G of fish oil, 400mg CoQ and 1G of Niacin daily. It's helped raise my HDL, and lower my bad. My lipids stay in the safe range, but an oral run during a meet peak will send them out of whack for a bit.

rumbletumble

rumbletumble

Feb 25, 2012
DieYoungStrong, that's the info. I was looking for; off to the health store this weekend. Thank You-rt...

J

JTR12

Dec 6, 2014
Plant sterols are fairly effective. Benacol comes in a spread and in caramel chews, though the latter is expensive.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic