Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

OPSO: 2 arrested with suspected anabolic steroids, Xanax

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
A Minden man has been accused of possession of suspected anabolic steroids and also faces weapons charges.

Jacob Lawrence Waltman, 25, of 200 North Middle Landing Road, was arrested at 1:27 a.m. Tuesday and booked for possession of controlled and dangerous substances (Class III), possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and illegal carrying of a firearm.

According to an affidavit from the Ouachita Parish Sheriff's Office, a vehicle driven by Waltman that exited a gas station on Thomas Road nearly struck an OPSO patrol unit.

A traffic stop was made and a deputy made contact with Waltman and a passenger, identified as Elisa Maria Palma, 23, of 2016 Luke Lane, Benton.

The deputy observed Palma trying to conceal a suspected Xanax pill under one of her legs. She reportedly told the deputy that she left her prescription for the suspected Xanax in another vehicle.

After being given permission by Waltman to search the vehicle, the deputy found two vials of suspected anabolic steroids, identified in the report as Nandrodex 300 and Hexadex 450, in a Crown Royal bag. A .32-caliber revolver was also discovered in a glove in the back of the vehicle, the report said.

Waltman was arrested and booked at Ouachita Correctional Center. The report said Waltman was on probation after being convicted for possession with intent to distribute controlled and dangerous substances (Class IV) on May 13.

Palma was arrested on a single charge of possession of controlled and dangerous substances (Class IV). While being booked, Palma reportedly turned over a bag containing two additional suspected Xanax pills.

R

regular

MuscleHead
May 31, 2012
8sjtUSn.jpg
ScpYckp.jpg

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Tried to conceal a xanax pill under her legs? I would have just swallowed it.. Yeah, they are for sure screwed, especially with the gun. Thats an automatic 2 years in jail when committing a felony. At least in my state it is..

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
yeah, it's the same law in most states. Of course they signed there fate when they almost his a patrol car.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Yeah, but why did they consent to the search, especially when they knew they had contraban and a gun in the vehicle? I would never consent to a search voluntarily, and would force the policeman to obtain a warrant. You never know, he might not get it and you could go scott free.

hoodlum

hoodlum

MuscleHead
Jan 3, 2012
Police are good at playing games, manipulating the situation and what they say. Especially for someone that doesn't know their rights, or isn't 100% sure it's very easy to do as they ask. Especially when lots of cops lie and tell fake threats to get your concent. I personally was threatened to the point I was told my hair would be forcefully taken to obtain my DNA if I did not concent, it's even on paper they show you. They just neglected to mention I had the right to challenge it in court.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
2 vials = possession with intent to distribute? That charge will hardly stick......She will get off, he will get charged with the gun violation, rest of the charges will get dropped....

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
2 vials = possession with intent to distribute? That charge will hardly stick......She will get off, he will get charged with the gun violation, rest of the charges will get dropped....

I went back and re-read the article. He was convicted of possession with intent to distribute in May. It did not say what he was charged with this time.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic