Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

ok people, heres my bench,please give it to me straight!!

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
by the way, this is just my form here, not my poundage, back flat, feet are arched but not normally, however,after i performed this take, i ramped up to 265 and did as tate recommended, arched lower back, legs tucked, drove through my feet and managed to get 2 reps.

F

FitnessFreek

Dec 11, 2011
Honestly, I can't see much in the video...A better quality video would be much better to judge from.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i know im a girl so that means that i cant know what im saying :D but i have been working with a powerlifting trainer for about month now and we have consulted a lot on my bench and form. so the question is, do you want to compete in bodybuilding or do you want to be stronger? if you want stronger then you need to change your form!

arms dont go out but rather they should be closer into your sides. you grip the bar and pull your elbows in and try and pull the bar apart with your hands. you dig your shoulder blades into the bench and arch your back keeping everything tight. you dont have to go with an exaggerated arch like you see some doing but enough of an arch so that an arm or towel could pass under your back. the bar then comes down and touches at about the solar plexus and back up. it is amazing the difference that this will do for you!

Diesel Crew – Muscle Building, Athletic Development, Strength Training, Grip Strength » Blog Archive » How to Bench Press

great info by these guys!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
i know im a girl so that means that i cant know what im saying :D but i have been working with a powerlifting trainer for about month now and we have consulted a lot on my bench and form. so the question is, do you want to compete in bodybuilding or do you want to be stronger? if you want stronger then you need to change your form!

arms dont go out but rather they should be closer into your sides. you grip the bar and pull your elbows in and try and pull the bar apart with your hands. you dig your shoulder blades into the bench and arch your back keeping everything tight. you dont have to go with an exaggerated arch like you see some doing but enough of an arch so that an arm or towel could pass under your back. the bar then comes down and touches at about the solar plexus and back up. it is amazing the difference that this will do for you!

Diesel Crew – Muscle Building, Athletic Development, Strength Training, Grip Strength » Blog Archive » How to Bench Press

Good stuff in that link!

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
Oldskool I've got some good advice for you from my personal experience.

I know that your shoulder blades aren't tucked together like they should be. You know how I know? When you unrack the bar you are rolling your shoulders all the way forward. If you can, adjust the pegs or use a lower peg and do more of a "sliding" motion when unracking rather than a straight up and over, you feel me? That way you can keep your shoulders back and down.

To be honest your arms are as flared out as you made them out to be. I was full-on expecting to see your arms at right angles to your body. Tuck them in a little bit and you'll be fine. Try taking a grip on the bar just outside of shoulder width.

You don't need to arc the shit out of your back. Arc it enough to drive your shoulders into the bench and expose your chest. Kind of like the stereotypical "two guys sizing each other up" bit where you pull your shoulders back and puff out your chest.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
by the way, this is just my form here, not my poundage, back flat, feet are arched but not normally, however,after i performed this take, i ramped up to 265 and did as tate recommended, arched lower back, legs tucked, drove through my feet and managed to get 2 reps.

This is how just about all Powerlifters Bench as Tate says I sure do.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011

When we are in shirt tucking the arms in is very important not so much raw but in a shirt it's a must for most.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
Oldskool I've got some good advice for you from my personal experience.

I know that your shoulder blades aren't tucked together like they should be. You know how I know? When you unrack the bar you are rolling your shoulders all the way forward. If you can, adjust the pegs or use a lower peg and do more of a "sliding" motion when unracking rather than a straight up and over, you feel me? That way you can keep your shoulders back and down.

To be honest your arms are as flared out as you made them out to be. I was full-on expecting to see your arms at right angles to your body. Tuck them in a little bit and you'll be fine. Try taking a grip on the bar just outside of shoulder width.

You don't need to arc the shit out of your back. Arc it enough to drive your shoulders into the bench and expose your chest. Kind of like the stereotypical "two guys sizing each other up" bit where you pull your shoulders back and puff out your chest.

Good post!

I new he was loosy goosy when he unracked and lunged the bar meaning popping it up some and that right there takes your upper arc away.

People fail to understand the are 2 arc to the squat, bench and deadlift the lower and the upper.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic