Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

October 10, 2011: We Will Occupy

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Kalle Lasn has not taken shit from Soros- and he has no reason to lie to me.

Tax law is written to benefit a minority of citizens, coincidently, they happen to hold office and also happen to be the largest campaign contributors. Now corporations have the same rights as human citizens, yet can't die, or be subject to the death penalty. A mixture of Mammon and the antiChrist there, they are a" lifeform" created by man, who's sole purpose is to make money.

We gave, starting with Mr Bush, a gazillion to financial institutions. And we got nothing. that is plain stupid. Mr Obama, not to be outdone keeps it up.

Check out the Plunge Protection Team. This is from '04 Secrets Of The Plunge Protection Team This group, not widely reported, pumped billions of dollars into the tax system. FOR YEARS. Maybe you know this. Maybe not. it is just a small facet of a larger picture, a picture very complex and convuluted, but you can see trends over time. Identify players and connections. Get a sense, if you work at it.

Thing with these threads- Where do you start? If folks make judgments based on feelings rather than actual data sets, on tv reports rather than nuanced and detailed print reports you can verify, then the conversation go no where.

Can I drink winny?

Politics on a lifting board often times is like back in the day, Gallileo saying the Earth moves around the sun. "stand here, look, is the Earth moving? The wind blows this way and tthat, it obviously is the Sun moving around the Earth. But with the data, the complexity is revealed. Truth wins out, over time, even if only a few people speak it, even if they are shouted down by the crowd.

Nothing new there :)

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
You shouldn't have had to work 3 jobs nor should anyone in America just to get by.Work 3 jobs and still struggle to get by and barely at that but thats ok cause you and me and many others have done it.I survived many bad things in my life but that doesn't mean it's ok for me or anyone else to have to suffer the same way.Crack heads survive,does that mean it's ok?

"SURVIVING" on 3 jobs should not be in the USA.Working 80 hours a week to get by while welfare recipients are given everything for FREE,should not be in the USA!! American's should not be without healthcare because it's too damn expensive while welfare recipients have the best healthcare available!!! Veterans who fought this country and everyone in it should not have to struggle and have the gov't's back turned on them when they come home in the USA!!!

The problem it seems is that too many people accept it and just say oh well.

Exactly. Since when do hard working people have to suffer AND support people who don't even work at all? Who don't even make the effort? Granted, I'm only touching upon one aspect of this thread.

all im going to say is what should and shouldnt be doesnt really matter unfortunately, it is what it is now. but i dont care how many jobs one has to work to make a living atleast they are doing it on their own!

Say what?! Doesn't matter? It is what it is now? ATW, we are supposed to be living in a democracy. A place where if we don't like what's going on we all speak up and try to change it, not just deal with it as you suggest. That's what these people in the streets are trying to do, trying to make a change, fed up with "it is what it is." If everyone had that mentality, as marx suggested in an earlier post, Britain would still control us; there would be no United States at all. I don't know if you're the first and/or only person to say this in the thread, but I opened the thread and saw that you said it, so I'm commenting on it.

I'm not downplaying the pride in working hard and making your own way. FIST isn't either when he made this thread. It seems like a bunch of people are saying "Why doesn't everyone just work hard like I did and make it? I did it, stop complaining." That isn't the problem.

Last edited:
marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
ahem... FLAT - TAX

Flat tax is regressive. It hits the lowest earners highest- i.e you buy a loaf of bread, the tax on it, say a penny, is a higher proportion of your yearly income of 30,000 than it is of someone making 60,000-

Probably a stereo would be a better illustration with bigger, clearer number.

Look into our tax history. Look when America was strongest. You'll see the popular knowledge of what works is wrong, pushed by folks that want to get out of paying. And love of money is the root of all evil.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
this whole "occupy" concept is interesting at least. They have the right idea of Americans standing up against the govt. However like all things the goos message is getting shaddowed by all the ignorance. There are a few people there with valid points and i think it is great that the concept of protesting the govt took off like it has. the probleb is all the bandwagon jumpers that have climbed onboard with their ideas clouding the view. And ofcourse the media isnt going to focus on anyone there with a clear idea. The cameras are attracted to the crazies and the extremist. Its unfortunate but it wont go anywhere.

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
I like the video marx, great contribution.....however, it is not the premise of occupy wallstreet. I went to our 'occupy dallas' just to take a peek.....it looked like the special olympics without chaperones.

LMFAO.I have to admit that's funny.

Its not about the people there man,its about the idea.The cause.I know you are against it,but many are not.And the number of supports is growing everyday.

Many of them are college students and working class citizens man.Many we're laid off due to the corruption and greed of their companies exec's and are tired of it.While these exec's got millions and billions of $$ the employees got booted out on their asses.Why?? The companies were bailed out! Where did the money go? In the exec's pockets as bonuses!

This may not be the solution,but what is?? There has to be a time when enough is enough and people start to rebel in one way or the other.There is so much talk of how everyone has their guns ready and will be ready to shoot anyone when the time comes?? So these people are fighting without guns.There has to be a first shot,and your voice is it.If it comes to actual fighting (it has already for some) then so be it.But you have to try being heard first.

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
Exactly. Since when do hard working people have to suffer AND support people who don't even work at all? Who don't even make the effort? Granted, I'm only touching upon one aspect of this thread.

Say what?! Doesn't matter? It is what it is now? ATW, we are supposed to be living in a democracy. A place where if we don't like what's going on we all speak up and try to change it, not just deal with it as you suggest. That's what these people in the streets are trying to do, trying to make a change, fed up with "it is what it is." If everyone had that mentality, as marx suggested in an earlier post, Britain would still control us; there would be no United States at all. I don't know if you're the first and/or only person to say this in the thread, but I opened the thread and saw that you said it, so I'm commenting on it.

I'm not downplaying the pride in working hard and making your own way. FIST isn't either when he made this thread. It seems like a bunch of people are saying "Why doesn't everyone just work hard like I did and make it? I did it, stop complaining." That isn't the problem.

Thank you sir.It's amazing to see everyones reactions to these things.To just say...."It is what it is so oh well" is really very disheartening.If fighting for your rights and freedoms isn't worth fighting for,then what is?? As a Veteran of this country,I swore to fight against all enemies foreign and DOMESTIC and have!! The difference today is,the military see's this as their duty and the US citizens see it as a waste of their time.Im sorry guys,its not!

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
Anti-Wall St. movement grows to dozens of cities

NEW YORK — Protesters in at least four U.S. cities who were part of a growing anti-Wall Street sentiment were arrested after refusing to obey police orders to leave public areas, including 175 people in Chicago, where the arrests brought about a new phase of civil disobedience, organizers there said Sunday.

The arrests were mostly peaceful and came as somewhat of a contrast to earlier demonstrations, where protesters took care to follow laws in order to continue protesting Wall Street's role in the financial crisis and other grievances. The arrests came after a day of protests in cities around the world where thousands gathered to rally against what they see as corporate greed.

Most of those marches Saturday were largely nonconfrontational, though dozens were arrested in New York and elsewhere not for refusing to obey orders but when police moved to contain overflowing crowds or keep them off private property. Two officers in New York were injured and had to be hospitalized.

At least one protest overseas grew violent. In Rome, rioters hijacked what had been a peaceful gathering and smashed windows, tore up sidewalks and torched vehicles. Repair costs were estimated at $1.4 million, the mayor said Sunday.

In addition to the arrests in Chicago, 46 people in Phoenix were arrested for misdemeanor criminal trespass after refusing to leave a park, Phoenix police spokesman Sgt. Trent Crump said. And police said some protesters were arrested after they remained in a Tucson, Ariz., park past the 10:30 p.m. closing time. An exact number wasn't available Sunday.

At least two dozen people were arrested at a rally that attracted hundreds to downtown Denver for refusing to move out of the street, police said.

In Chicago, about 500 people had set up camp at the entrance to Grant Park on Saturday evening after a protest earlier in the day involving about 2,000. Police said they gave protesters repeated warnings after the park closed at 11 p.m. and began making arrests when they refused to leave.

Officers also asked protesters to take down their tents before beginning to cut them down to clear the area, police said. Protesters were release Sunday and face court dates.

The decision to stay in the park "was very much a choice and calculated," said Randy Powell, a 27-year-old student at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago who was arrested. "I feel like I had to."

The tactic to occupy a city park has been used in other places with city officials often working to accommodate them. For example, protesters in Iowa reached a deal with Des Moines' mayor to move from the state Capitol to a city park, avoiding arrests. Plans to temporarily evict New York protesters from a park so the grounds could be power-washed were postponed at the request of political leaders Friday.

But Chicago protesters said they've come up short. Some organizers said conversations with city officials weren't encouraging, but they also have yet to apply for permits. A message left Sunday for Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel's office wasn't immediately returned.

And in Minneapolis, sheriff's deputies tore down makeshift tents at a county government plaza but made no arrests, Minnesota Public Radio reported. Though the protesters are allowed to stay on the plaza all night, tents are banned.

In New York, two dozen were arrested when demonstrators entered a Citibank branch and refused to leave, police said. They asked the branch to close until the protesters could be taken away.

Earlier, as many as 1,000 demonstrators also paraded to a Chase bank branch, banging drums, blowing horns and carrying signs decrying corporate greed. A few went inside the bank to close their accounts, but the group didn't stop other customers from getting inside or seek to blockade the business.

Lily Paulina of Brooklyn said she was taking her money out because she was upset that JPMorgan Chase was making billions of dollars, while its customers struggled with bank fees and home foreclosures.

"Chase bank is making tons of money off of everyone ... while people in the working class are fighting just to keep a living wage in their neighborhood," the 29-year-old United Auto Workers organizer said.

Police told the marchers to stay on the sidewalk, and the demonstration seemed fairly orderly as it wound through downtown streets.

The day culminated in an event in the city's Times Square, where thousands of demonstrators mixed with gawkers, Broadway showgoers, tourists and police to create a chaotic scene in the midst of Manhattan.

"Banks got bailed out, we got sold out!" protesters chanted from within police barricades. Police, some in riot gear and mounted on horses, tried to push them out of the square and onto the sidewalks in an attempt to funnel the crowds away.

Throughout the country — from several dozen people in Jackson, Miss., to some 2,000 each in Pittsburgh and Chicago — the protest gained momentum.

Nearly 1,500 gathered for a march past banks in downtown Orlando, Fla. Hundreds marched on a Key Bank branch in Anchorage and declared it should be foreclosed. In Arizona, reporters and protesters saw an estimated 40 people detained around midnight at a park in Phoenix.

In Colorado, about 1,000 people rallied in downtown Denver to support Occupy Wall Street and at least two dozen were arrested.

Rallies drew young and old, laborers and retirees. In Pittsburgh, marchers included parents with children in strollers. The peaceful crowd stretched for two or three blocks.

"I see our members losing jobs. People are angry," said Janet Hill, 49, who works for the United Steelworkers, which she said hosted a sign-making event before the march.

Retired teacher Albert Siemsen said at a demonstration in Milwaukee that he'd grown angry watching school funding get cut at the same time banks and corporations gained more influence in government. The 81-year-old wants to see tighter Wall Street regulation.

Around him, protesters held signs reading: "Keep your corporate hands off my government," and "Mr. Obama, Tear Down That Wall Street."

In Canada, demonstrators gathered in cities across the country, and overseas, tens of thousands nicknamed "the indignant" marched in cities across Europe, as the protests that began in New York linked up with long-running demonstrations against government cost-cutting and failed financial policies in Europe. Protesters also turned out in Australia and Asia.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
r73Fu.jpg
[/IMG]

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic