Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Nizoral......15 yr study on hair loss.

gator_mclusky

gator_mclusky

RIP
Sep 20, 2010
About 15 yrs ago or so I had an itchy dry scalp. there was a lil chatter about it on Elite as that was about the only board there was back then....pretty much. Anyway, I was already getting blood work etc so I got a script for Nizorol 2% (Prescription strength) Well I used the stuff on avg about 4 times a wk over the yrs. At first I just liked the stuff, it cleared up the dry scalp, didnt take too much to lather up so I just kept using it.
During that time I felt it helped me keep more of my hair as I'm pre-disposed for some hair loss but I wasnt quite sure. I stopped using it and after a about a yr I looked at pics an my gf told me it started droppin faster and sure enough it started dropping the hair and then in like 3 wks it was pretty damned noticeable so I got right back on it.

My conclusion is the stuff does work, even if one is predisposed to lose it......to an extent. Of course it depends to what degree ones hair loss predisposition is. I'm back on it and looks like Ill be staying on it. So I'd say, it will work but it will fall out if its discontinued for a prolonged period of time.

gator

O

OldPLer

Nov 29, 2010
is it only available with script, cant find it in any stores now.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
i got mine on amazon came from over seas but shit is real and works i think. use it about 4 times a week to and hair is not falling out in big clumps anymore.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Yes it is proven it has an noninflammatory effect on the scalp and retards hair loss greatly.

S

saorsa

Jan 22, 2012
I got it off the doctor for a dry scalp. Seems to help but I'm sure I heard it can decrease testosterone.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Go into a salon , even the "mastercuts" have nizoral products still

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Gator you ****ing goof, this is your idea of a 15 year "STUDY"?...lol

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Go into a salon , even the "mastercuts" have nizoral products still

my state and the state next to me stopped selling it. The stores said it was all taken off the market . walmart, CVS, walgreens, stop and shop, shoprite, rite aid.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I understand that , they did so here as well... No "grocery, drug, general goods store had it" however I but my shampoo and conditioner at a salon , and they have it marketed as "anti-hair loss " products, they have shampoos , conditioner, intensive balms/oils etc ... All with that as the active ingredient ...

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
something i will look into

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
No sexual sides, right?

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
i believe i read that it only gets used by your scalp and would not effect if you are on a DHT drug

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic