Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Night Terrors

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I talk in my sleep and end up yelling really loud for a few minutes. I've been told it's night terrors. When I wake up or am woken up by a very scared female I happen to be sleeping with at the time, I can remember the dream I was having. In the dream I am always beating up my father. He was very physically and verbally abusive to me and my younger brother. My brother doesn't have night terrors. I don't understand why they call it night terrors when I'm never afraid and always really into hurting my father as much as I can.
I do have sleep apnea and wonder if that is part of the issue. Fortunately after trying to get a bi-pap for yrs. through the medical fuck ups, I was able to get an online sleep company to get me an Airsense 11 and all the accessories using my insurance. It was suppose to take 4-6 wks. to come but I just got notified it's coming tomorrow.
Does anyone else have night terrors??

K

KyleB

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2012
Not trying to down play what your going through, but I don't think that's the correct description of 'night terrors'. They just sound like violent intense dreams.

I'll be honest and I'm not if others will chime but my dreams can get very very violent while on steroids, like graphics to the point I never forget about them and they are almost always related to serious fears I've had throughout my life.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I’ve had them in the past. Most recent one was about my crazy ex (no joke seriously crazy, as in diagnosed by a doctor). She was in my mattress but she could reach through it as if it was like a latex product. She grabbed me & started biting me. I remember in my sleep I was screaming for help at the top of my voice. I woke up, went & looked in the mirror & then checked the mattress. I’ll probably never forget it.

I tell people I have PTSD from her & they think I’m joking. I can tell you im not joking at all. There was some seriously f’d up shit I had to deal with.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
I knew a guy who had really bad sleep apnea and would sleep walk into his driveway in the middle of the night screaming... got on his cpap and was pretty much gone.

My son had really bad night terrors for several months around maybe 2 years of age and somehow we narrowed it down to the video's we would play for him to fall asleep to... very gentle, relaxing kind of video's but despite falling helping him fall asleep they actually stimulated his brain, once we stopped the videos, the terrors stopped almost instantaneously... my point being, how much screen time do you have a night? I'm not saying i do this myself I'm guilt too, but many sleep experts suggest what, like an hour or two of no screens before bed... even ideally wearing blue blocker/computer glasses during the day.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
I don't know what mine are but i dream someone is breaking into my house or messing with my wife and I am kicking the shit out of them. I wake up and i am kicking my poor wife. I really don't know why she still sleeps with me. Lately, it hasn't happened. Now I wake up at 2am hating my new job wondering what the fuck is next and how the fuck am I going to pay off everything before I retire. Meanwhile, the banks are failing, CBDCs are rolling out, climate change lock downs are coming, a new variant is announced, masks are coming back.. Meanwhile, I have two new grand daughters. one, from my son is being raised by Social Democrats (aka Marxists) and the other, by my daughter, has a deadbeat sociopathic father and my daughter can't hold down a job for the last 5 years. She's been through a lot and a lot of it due to her choices but a lot at the hand of garbage people. So, working on her confidence and she is very good with her daughter. If she could pull down 40K/yr I would be happy for her. I make a lot of money but it flies out the door to float this shit show.

But I shouldn't complain. I have options, I have some nice property. I have a mini chicken farm. I have a nice garden with tomatoes and peppers and eggplant and lots more. I have food stocked up in case of lock down. I have had a good career and should be able to make money for a while even if shit happens. Most of us here are pretty resourceful I am not alone with problems sleeping and problems in waking hours. We are pretty strong as a group here. So let's just take our 3$ shot of test once a week and go out there on 3 hours sleep and kick some ass.

Bang on Brothers

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I don't know what mine are but i dream someone is breaking into my house or messing with my wife and I am kicking the shit out of them. I wake up and i am kicking my poor wife. I really don't know why she still sleeps with me. Lately, it hasn't happened. Now I wake up at 2am hating my new job wondering what the fuck is next and how the fuck am I going to pay off everything before I retire. Meanwhile, the banks are failing, CBDCs are rolling out, climate change lock downs are coming, a new variant is announced, masks are coming back.. Meanwhile, I have two new grand daughters. one, from my son is being raised by Social Democrats (aka Marxists) and the other, by my daughter, has a deadbeat sociopathic father and my daughter can't hold down a job for the last 5 years. She's been through a lot and a lot of it due to her choices but a lot at the hand of garbage people. So, working on her confidence and she is very good with her daughter. If she could pull down 40K/yr I would be happy for her. I make a lot of money but it flies out the door to float this shit show.

But I shouldn't complain. I have options, I have some nice property. I have a mini chicken farm. I have a nice garden with tomatoes and peppers and eggplant and lots more. I have food stocked up in case of lock down. I have had a good career and should be able to make money for a while even if shit happens. Most of us here are pretty resourceful I am not alone with problems sleeping and problems in waking hours. We are pretty strong as a group here. So let's just take our 3$ shot of test once a week and go out there on 3 hours sleep and kick some ass.

Bang on Brothers
Imo f the second wave bs! Let it go Joe you useless pos!

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I talk in my sleep and end up yelling really loud for a few minutes. I've been told it's night terrors. When I wake up or am woken up by a very scared female I happen to be sleeping with at the time, I can remember the dream I was having. In the dream I am always beating up my father. He was very physically and verbally abusive to me and my younger brother. My brother doesn't have night terrors. I don't understand why they call it night terrors when I'm never afraid and always really into hurting my father as much as I can.
I do have sleep apnea and wonder if that is part of the issue. Fortunately after trying to get a bi-pap for yrs. through the medical fuck ups, I was able to get an online sleep company to get me an Airsense 11 and all the accessories using my insurance. It was suppose to take 4-6 wks. to come but I just got notified it's coming tomorrow.
Does anyone else have night terrors??
I have had them since 2003 when I took Mefloquine for malaria prevention overseas. It is a known side effect while taking it and for some the side effect is permanent. Also, have sleep apnea and an Airsense. The CPAP will not fix the issue with the night terrors. I tried to treat it myself with CBD/CBN, sleep aids, etc... nothing worked. The doctors tried several different medications before landing on Topiramate. Topiramate is about 95% effective, meaning, now instead of every night, it happens about once every couple weeks. Additionally, I have never had a headache since taking the stuff. People take it for migraines and seizures and it completely blocks all headaches for me, sinus, stress, dehydration, etc...

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
My one son had them in his early teens. He would be gasping for his breath. As a parent, it's scary AF the first time you see it. He never recalled what the dream was. Doc said there's no real concern health wise and it should pass. It did pass but man those were scary times. Only happened about 6x.

I hope this passes for you also. Sorry I couldn't be more of a help.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
So I've had my share of some f'd up dreams/nightmares and terrors. Over the stretch of about 3-4 years it was from chantix when I was quitting nicotine and man, those dreams, I would be active. To the point of cameras on me at night to actually see what my (then) wife was going through trying to comfort.

More so, I've seen one of my children go through an actual night terror and it's scary as sh*t. She probably had 7-8 over the course of 3-6 yrs old. Not a nightmare, an actual terror where they can't escape whatever they're in and it's inconsolable - eyes are open, they're screaming murder as if their skin is being burned slowly with a bong torch.

In the end, your body has a chemical imbalance. I'm no Doc, but I would consult with one you trust.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Could be PTS. Classic symptom. I get them, but I almost never remember my dreams. I know when I've had them because I will wake up sweating with my heart racing and I'm panicked. EMDR helps a lot. The spouse also is very helpful in telling me about it afterwards.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I've had night terrors off and on since I was a teen. It got so bad at one point my wife stopped sleeping with me because she got hurled across the bedroom more than once. I also started sleep walking at one point. Not sure but I think it depends on my stress levels how bad it gets.

Darkness

Darkness

VIP Member
May 7, 2011
I get this running tren for too long. One time I fell asleep on an airplane in first class and started pounding the shit out of the seat in front of me. In my dream I was fighting a monster in a cave. The flight attendant grabbed me and shook me awake, she knew what was happening. Then she sat beside me and rubbed my head and kinda cuddled me while she made this shhhhh sound real soft. She was really pretty and I liked it.

Other than that I can’t relate.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic