SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

New unbelted squat PR - 475 lbs

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Awesome pic !!

You ever thought about squatting with a heeled shoe?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Thanks guys. Appreciate all the positive feedback.

Took a screenshot for my journal last night from the vid, but for those of you that don't read it, here's the pic:

475squat.jpg

I don't see to many people going that deep in the gym.

Awesome pic !!

You ever thought about squatting with a heeled shoe?

Brutal strength as always flex. Love that squat.

Consider what MF is asking though. Look at the pic you posted and the angle of your ankles. Your weight should be on the outside of the foot and the hell. The shoe will assist with that and help keep you a bit more upright as well. Definitely consider it. I'm making Uphill buy a pair too. They're great for bench and OHP too.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Deep and with the pause at the end- STRENGTH.

Much respect!

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Thanks everyone. If everything goes well I will attempt 515 (belted) next week.

What do you guys suggest as far as heeled shoes?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Thanks everyone. If everything goes well I will attempt 515 (belted) next week.

What do you guys suggest as far as heeled shoes?

Won't squat without my olympic weightlifting shoes which have a heel on them. I think they're the best shoes for those of us who squat with a medium stance and not a very sumo'ish stance. The heel makes it easier to sit back (removing some of the forward knee travel that we exp) and also makes it easier to hit depth.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I'd suggest the power perfect 2 from dynamic-eleiko. They will last years and even a lifetime if you don't wear them outside.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I'd suggest the power perfect 2 from dynamic-eleiko. They will last years and even a lifetime if you don't wear them outside.

BI, have you used the Adipowers? I was leaning towards those from talking with POB. We spoke about my shoe size (13EE) and Adidas in general have fit me better than nike or reeboks (just using those for front width reference). Plus I like the look of the orange ones that they have on roguefitness.com

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
BI, have you used the Adipowers? I was leaning towards those from talking with POB. We spoke about my shoe size (13EE) and Adidas in general have fit me better than nike or reeboks (just using those for front width reference). Plus I like the look of the orange ones that they have on roguefitness.com

I train in them and they're actually my favorite oly shoe I've worn. They're a reddish orange. Once broken in they feel like an extension of myself. They're light and the heel height is perfect imho.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I train in them and they're actually my favorite oly shoe I've worn. They're a reddish orange. Once broken in they feel like an extension of myself. They're light and the heel height is perfect imho.

Ok, now I'm sold...thanks man. Finally crossed the 4 plate barrier with just a belt, no wraps and in chucks.....I think that the shoes and wraps will really allow me to plow through some big numbers soon.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Ok, now I'm sold...thanks man. Finally crossed the 4 plate barrier with just a belt, no wraps and in chucks.....I think that the shoes and wraps will really allow me to plow through some big numbers soon.

Oh yeah they'll make a big difference.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I think those are the ones MacGyver just bought too.

They only come in red? WTF man???

And $200? ACK!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic